🦎Blitzø (Tokay gecko)🐴

○ Tokay geckos are known for being more hostile, Blitzø more than others, and need experienced carmakers.

○ Lucky for you! Cause you are experienced with all kinds of animals, especially lizards and birds.

○ At first Blitzø was very aggressive, scratching, hissing, and even biting at anyone who came near him. Hell poor Jessica! After what happened she was too scared to get near his cage.

○ All of the other workers tried to rush the bonding process which caused him to get overwhelmed and attack them. Since this happened so often no one wanted to take care or help him find a new home.

○ That's where you step in, slowly you start to form a bond with the feisty gecko. Being the one to clean his cage, feeding him crickets, change his water, find him new branches (though you have to wear a glove so he doesn't scratch you).

○ All the while he would sit to the side and just watch you. It was a little creepy at first, but slowly he starts to get closer and closer to you. At some point, you have to put him in another cage when cleaning because he just gets in the way while trying to get you to play or pet him.

○ Later finding out in his files that his old name was Blitzo, but every time you called him he would hiss at you, so you just started calling him Blitzø which he seemed content with. Thought not all of the co-worker knew this which made him hate everyone even more.

○ You also find out that he was in a traveling animal show or something. After a mysterious fire started one night most of the animals ran away or died. Some were rescued into families while others were found on the side of the street and taken in.

○ SLOWLY you were finally able to bond with Blitzø, which didn't really surprise some of the workers since you were just a nice human. Some did freak out when they saw you handling him without a glove for the first time.

○ A Co-work of your's, named Pagie (sorry if that your name), really wants to be the best worker so everytime you were out  or were taking care of something else Paige would leap to the chance to take care of Blitzø. However, she came off as too pushy at times which caused him to hate her and like you even more since you would save him if she got too annoying.

○ Every time you walked past his cage either helping a new family or going to do another job Bitzø would run to the side of the cage you were on and just wait for you to come back. Every time you were in view he would let out a happy sound to try and get your attention. It was really cute to onlookers. <3

○ Other times when families would come and try to take a look at him he would hide under his log, and not even you could get him out. Families just end up finding another lizard to take. No one really knows why he gets moody when guest come for him, but it's making it hard and the shelter can't keep him that long.

○ One time a family of three came in and the little girl wanted Blitzø really really really bad. When you tried to let the girl hold him, after trial and error to get him out of his cage, he hissed at her. Even tried to bite her hand when she poked his head. When the girl started crying you swore you saw a small smile on his face as he climbed up your shoulder and sat there.

○ Never the less, fail after fail, the shelter gave a notice saying if they couldn't find him a new home they would send him to a wild life persevere, which you thought would have been their first choice, but whatever.

○ Upon hearing the news you went to Blitzø's cage where he sat happily waiting for you.

"Hey buddy," you say quietly offering your hand for him to climb on. "Sorry to break it to you, but if you don't get adopted in the next week we have to send you away," you explained while stroking his back. Blitzø lowered his head to your palm and started to let out sad squeaks. "It'll be okay!" you try to reassure, but not even you knew.

○ Later they day your friend came up to you and told you that they saw the whole interaction and that he would never have been sad like that with anyone. After a while of discussing, your friend offered the idea that you should take Bitzø home.

○ Walking over to the glass case you take the clipboard that they use to fill out for a new family looking to adopt. Normally the animals get happy if they see someone taking the board. Turning to leave you don't see the small Gecko trying to fight his way out of the cage and reaching his small hand (paw?) out to you.

"Blitzø," you say walking over to the cage. "Aww why so blue baby?" you ask the small creature. Opening the sliding door you pull him out in your hand carefully petting his head softly. "I thought you would be happy that your getting adopted, now I know it's sucks that your going to be stuck with me," you joke.

Jumping up Blizø looks at you with a surprised face which slowly turns into a skeptical one. "I'm not kidding!" you defend pulling out the papers. "I've filled out the forms and paid you'll be coming home with me tomorrow once I get you a decent terrarium set up at home," you say.

○ That was one of the best days in Blitzø's life