Chapter 4

A/N: Summer break starts in like two days so I'll start posting more soon!

Chapter 4

At around seven, Michael ollected his phone, wallet, and keys to go and pick Gavin up for a night of "bevs".

Michael, a true gentleman, went up to the door to greet Gavin. He raked his fingers through his curly hair and knocked on the door. Geoff was the one to answer, a half smile on his face and a beer in his hand.

"Oh, hey Geoff." He said. He had only ever been to Geoff's house once before; for a company party a couple months after he had moved here. It was more awkward now that there were not a lot of people. "I'm just here to pick up Gavin..."

"Oh, yeah, he'll be here in a minute. He actually puts effort in to making his hair look like he just woke up." He chuckled and shook his head. He motioned Michael inside and closed the door behind him. It felt like he was picking up a girl from prom and her overprotective dad was picking him apart. "Michael?" Geoff brought hum out of his thoughts. "Look, I've known this kid for like, seven years. Probably longer. And I'm really fucking glad you're his soulmate, but I want him to be happy. He deserves love and kindness because Fates knows he didn't get any where he came from." Geoff sighed and ran a tattooed hand over his deshevled hair. "It's not really my story to tell, but please, just make him happy. I know you will, there's no possible way you can't, but still." He said and Michael smiled at him.

"Don't worry about it." He said. "I promise to take good care of him."

"Thanks, Michael." Geoff said with a smile and Gavin came in wearing dark jeans and a plain blue shirt. Michael thought he looked really good... and that was strange because he didn't find masculine body types attractive, but Gavin's broad shoulders and straight hips were really nice.

"Ready to go?" He asked with a smile, getting his own wallet and phone from the table. Michael nodded and held out an arm. Gavin grinned and linked their elbows together as they literally skipped down to the street. Geoff laughed and watched Michael's car move down the street.

"Daddy?" A small voice sounded from the hall and Geoff turned, smiling at his daughter.

(A/N: Geoff doesn't want people putting his actual daughter in fanfictions, so we're gonna call this little girl Savannah.)

"Hey, Sav." He said and picked her up with an over - exaggerated grunt. She smiled widely at him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Did Gavin leave with Michael?" She asked and he nodded. "How come?" She asked and he smiled.

"Because they're soulmates." He explained and Savannah grinned.

"So they're in love?" The small brunette asked.

"Not yet, but I'm sure they will be." He said and she looked at her own arm.

"Today, in math, we figured put how old we will be when we meet out soulmate." She said and looked back at Geoff. "I will be sixteen years and eighty seven days old when I meet mine." She hummed and Geoff nodded.

"You don't have to wait as long as most people." He said. "You are a lucky little girl!" She grinned at her dad and he carried her back down the hall to her bedroom. "Your soulmate is lucky, too. Whoever gets to love suh a sweet, gorgeous girl like you is lucky." He tucked her in to bed. "Now get some rest, Savvy. It's past your bedtime." He said and kissed her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too, daddy." She hummed and curled up to fall asleep. Geoff watched her for a moment and smiled at his little girl... he would never let her go, even after she met her soulmate. He would always hang on to his daughter. Just as the Fates chose your soulmate, they also chose your family. They didn't have to make you happy, as long as you ended up meeting the person you were destined to spend your life with. Gavin's family had pushed him away, which lead him to moving to America which lead him to meeting Michael. The Fates did strange and sometimes terrible this to ensure everybody ended up happy. Your family, no matter how loved or miserable they made you feel, always pushed you towards your own,greater good. And Geoff had always promised himself never to let go.

A/N: A note about this AU and the Fates. In my mind, the Fates are a universal religion. There are slight variations based on culture/background/language, but the basics are the same. There are 3 Fates who decide when and where each person is born and whi their family and soulmate is, and when everybody will meet their other half. A lot of people do not "worship" the Fates, but everybody believes in them. Being anti-fate is a huge minority and people always start believing when they meet their mate.
Also, homosexuality is not looked down upon! The Fates decide to put two men or two women together and that is that. They are happy and equal to all others.
If you have an questions, I am more than happy to answer!)