5

AN: Listen to Banks x Someone New while reading!

"When a flame dies can it ever be ignited again?"

When I make it back to Justin's house it's 7pm and he's sitting on the couch watching television. He notices my presence and greets me with a long, soft kiss. "I've missed you." He says kissing my forehead. His arms are around my waist rubbing the small of my back.

"I missed you too. It smells good in here, did you cook?" I ask. It smells like a combination of foods. Pie, meatloaf, macaroni, pasta, biscuits.... He looks at me with a giant smile on his face.

"I had a personal chef make all of this for me and you. Kimora asked to stay with her grandmother for the weekend so I dropped her off. We have the house to ourselves." His voice is low and seductive. But I know I can't give into him tonight. I need him to tell me the truth.

"We need to talk." My voice is strained.

"About what?" He says as he turns me around to face him.

"How do you know Ruby? I saw the text messages you sent her..." He looks at me eyes wide, like a deer caught in head lights. "Did you really get her sent away?" I can feel myself getting emotional about the topic. Her leaving was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through.

"Charnae, I-" he stops himself from speaking.

"Do you realize how heartbroken I was? How much fucking pain I was in? Or did you not care? Was it because you've been watching for years wanting me to yourself you couldn't bare to see me with anyone else?! What is it?! Tell me!" I scream at him as I shove against his chest. He grabs my arms and hold them in place.

"Don't ever put your hands on me again." He grip tightens and I yelp in pain.

"Justin let me go!" He doesn't do as I ask. The pain starts to get sharper and I start to cry. When he notices he loosens his grip and that horrifying look on his face starts to vanish.

"Don't accuse me of things like that. No I didn't send her away. She left on her own. I knew her through a mutual friend. That's it." His voice is more calm, but he's still angry. I've never seen this side of him, it's terrifying.. Has he always had anger issues? I don't think I've been scared of someone before until now. He finally lets go of me and takes a seat at the dining table.

"Im sorry Char, I just hate to be accused of things, and being yelled at about the accusations. It's always been a trigger." His voice is strained, like it pains him to talk about things that set him off. I keep quiet looking at the floor. I don't know what to say. What could I say? "Say something, please."

"I don't know what to say to you Justin." I don't look at him, I just stare down looking at wrists and how they have become bruised. How could he ever even consider putting his hands on me when he knows what I've been through. Being abused for years....

"I fucked up, shit I fucked up. Baby, I promise this will never happen again...." I can't even look at him. He lied straight to my face about Ruby, when I told him I saw the messages. He hurts me, through it all. My grandmother told me to never be with someone that ever has hurt me. Mentally or physically, because no matter what they say it'll happen again.

~

I slept on the couch last night, when I woke Justin was no where to be found. I was grateful for that. When I check my phone I have 5 missed calls and 7 text messages from Ruby. I call her and she answers on the first ring.

"Bloody fucking hell you had me worried sick!" She's angry with me but she sounds relieved. Hearing her voice makes me start to cry. "Charnae, are you crying? What's wrong? Talk to me."