Chapter 10 Callous Act

Izuku sits near the cafe shop just two blocks away from UA. He sits calmly while listening to the jazz music being played on the speaker. A cup of latte and a wooden panel floor accompany him while he enjoys the afternoon listening to the news of what's happened yesterday.

Uehara Yasushi who is known as the land baron admits to his crime and surrenders himself to the police station where he confesses everything he did over the last twenty years. The news has spread almost like wildfire, hitting every news platform and becoming the trending news for today in less than an hour.

He read over the news report in the newspaper about Uehara's tremendous donation to the victim he sued and surrendered himself to the police after the attack.

CEO Landlord of Yasushi Corp is admitting to a series of fraud, embezzlement, corruption, and multiple allegations. He's being led to the authority to face his charge and facing multiple lawsuits. Yasushi Corp is being raided by the police and multiple pro heroes and all of the staff including the executive is being charged with falsifying evidence.

During the night where he went to confront him face to face, he wanted to go straight up killing him or making him an example to those who won't follow. It was easy for him to do it, whether to burn him alive or snap his neck or drop him off from the glass window, any of those options would be fine to him.

But something in the back of his mind is blocking him from all of that intention. It's almost like someone just hit the brakes on his brain telling him to drop the idea before it's too late. Plus, he gave his word to Nezu that all they need is a straight-up confession from his mouth.

So he decided to let him go and told him to admit everything he did to the authorities. To make sure he truly did do it, he watches him from afar as he comes running to the police station and listens to what he has to say before leaving.

Right after he finished the job, Masamori came to call him through the phone he gave to him asking about his involvement with Uehara Yasushi's sudden confession. Izuku simply replied that they got the result for it and questioned why they asking about the how part. Masamori is stopped with his own words as he states the fact that with Uehara's confession, almost a hundred people's lives have changed for the better. They can finally have the closure that they always desired and the peace of mind that Uehara has finally paid for his crime.

Knowing that he lost the argument, Masamori simply let him off with a warning and asked him to try to work together with Aizawa instead of going solo on his own. Izuku replied in understanding before shutting the call not giving him any confirmation that he'll do it or not.

So he stood by on the wooden chair taking a sip of his coffee while enjoying the day. He had the day off for today in the school. No class, no training, and no lecture to bother him.

While he slurped down his latte, someone came to sit right in front of him wearing an office suit and carrying a briefcase. He strolls down casually almost like he knows the person who's sitting there. Izuku took a look at the person and recognized him straight away. Masamori sits right in front of him in his usual office attire and looks at Izuku as he puts down the cup.

"Great. The morning is wasted." Izuku grumbles in annoyance knowing that he didn't just come here to pay for his coffee.

"Morning, Homura sensei. How's your coffee?" Masamori asked smiling towards him.

Izuku grunted and wiped his mouth with a pair of tissues, "Bitter. So what's wrong? I know you didn't come here for some social event."

Masamori opens the briefcase and pulls out a brown envelope with the Musutafu police department logo in the middle of it. Izuku grabs the envelope and tears its top taking out its contents. A sketch of Izuku in his hoodie and mask was drawn on the paper.