Chapter 38 No Money No Life

They said that gambling is a way for someone to release their carnal urge that's buried inside. An act to release the frustration that's running on their mind. Whether it's depression or stress or anger or even desire, that's why people built the place to release the tension inside whether it's a bar, a nightclub, or even a casino.

People always had an urge deep inside of them. Something that they desire. Because human beings are creatures that have been led by greed.

The first time you compete in something whether it's a race or a game and you win, you will react with happiness, that you feel the rush and overjoyed. And that one small moment is all it takes to pull out people's desires whether it's to be the best or the winner or even the richest.

The same thing can be said in gambling, when you win your first game, you want to keep winning because you know how much you've won on your first time, and subconsciously, greed has its finger wrapped in people's hearts. The more you won the tighter those grip is gonna be.

And the longer greed has wrapped its finger into people's hearts, it starts to grip on something else, for example, a soul.

Asano stares wildly along with the audience over Izuku declaration. Betting a life in a gambling match. Most people sometimes tend to do that by devoting their lives to the winner. It's a final act made by a gambler to tip the balance but that's something that's rarely done.

"W-What?" Asano lips tremble over what Deku had just said.

"You heard me right. I'll wager my life." Izuku said confidently not wavering in eye contact.

Asano grits his teeth before exploding, "DON'T SCREW WITH ME DEKU!! YOU CAN'T JUST SIMPLY WAGER YOUR LIFE WITHOUT ANY NUMERAL FACTOR!! POKER IS ALL ABOUT BUILDING A POT WITH MONEY AND CURRENCY!! SOMETHING INTANGIBLE AS LIFE CAN'T BE PUT TO THE POT!!"

"While I admit that this is your game and you're the mastermind, it's not up to me to decide isn't it?" he shifted his gaze to the dealer who's stood in between the table.

Izuku pulls something out of thin air and flame swirls around its fingertip, a small coin appears on his fingertips and Izuku shows it in front of the audience and the dealer with a widened smirk.

"This ladies and gentlemen, is a Soul Coin. This little bad boy is proof of my life as a denizen of Hell. Whoever owns the coin can do whatever they want with the name written on it. So like I said earlier, I bet my life." he floats the coin in the air and shows it to everyone.

"As I was saying, the one that has the final say in this betting of mine is the dealer. So what's your decision then?"

The dealer watches the coin still floating in Izuku's palm with a contemplating look in his eyes. He closes his eyelids for a moment before thinking it carefully and reopens them.

"I accept this raise."

Asano widened his eyes at his word and couldn't believe it.

"What... Do you realize what you just said!!"

"I am the dealer. I'm the one that decides what you can bet on this game." the dealer said.

"Izuku Midoriya is one of the most prominent figures in Japan. He's the adoptive son of All Might who's hailed as the Symbol of Peace and the biological son of the late Hisashi Midoriya, the Salamander, Not only that but he's the leader of the notorious group called, Outcast of Hell. Surely you won't object to the bet with a measly two trillion yen."

"TWO TRILLION YEN!!"

Asano and everyone else widened and shouted over the dealer declaration. Two trillion yen. That's how much worth Deku's life is.