Chapter 3

Donatello jolted awake the next morning, realizing that he had fallen asleep at his desk while working (man was he glad he hadn't used any power tools then). He noticed a blanket draped over his back, figuring that it was one of the workers, as Big Mama was probably either asleep or had been at the Nexus monitoring and narrating the battles and Frida had been out running errands for the Nexus.

He stood, wrapping himself in the blanket tightly and yawning. He had no idea what to do at that point, so he just put his wraps on, as well as his mask, and decided he would put the rest of the accessories on later when he was at least moderately conscious. He curled up on the bed and fell asleep again, blanket wrapped tightly around him and nose buried within it.

He was awoken yet again quite a while later, but this time someone was there, standing beside his bed. He squinted his eyes, trying to get a better look at the figure, before he sat up. "Huh. . ?" He murmured, confused.
"Morning, Purpurea. It's time for your next battle in twenty." Frida said calmly, standing straight like he had seen her do whenever she was working. "Mother sent me to retrieve you so you weren't late. She figured you were still sleeping, anyways."

He nodded, unraveling himself from his blanket cocoon and stretching. "Alright. . How long was I out?" He asked drowsily, speech slurred from him still waking up.
"You fell asleep soon after you came back from the medical center. It seemed you tried continuing to work and passed out from exhaustion. Is this. . A normal thing for you?"
"Uh- right, yeah, sorry. ." He nodded and sat up, rubbing his face. "Yeah, basically. Usually I don't sleep for longer than a few hours, and since I didn't have my coffee to keep me awake long enough so that I could work. . ." He trailed off.
"That. . Isn't healthy." She stated. "No wonder you're so skinny."
"I am not that skinny!" He protested. "This is just how I look!"
"Your reliance on this. . Coffee, has made your body weak. You practically can't function without it. Your body doesn't know how to handle this change and is resorting to extensive sleep to make up for the fact that you don't pay attention to your bodily health." She informed matter-of-factly. "Does this sound correct?"
"I— . . . You know what, I'm choosing not to answer that." He frowned, standing and grabbing his knee and elbow pads off of the nightstand.
"I'll take that as confirmation, then." She grinned slightly.

"It isn't confirmation, it's me choosing not to answer a question." He huffed, pulling one of the knee pads on and adjusting it.
"But you also didn't deny the assumption. Therefore I would say it's confirmation enough." She pointed out.
"Didn't know I was getting a lecture after waking up." He deadpanned, slipping the other knee pad on and looking at her.
"My apologies, Purpurea. That was unintentional." She tipped her head slightly. "I'll ensure it doesn't happen again."
He nodded and finished getting ready, stretching again and grabbing his battle shell before putting it on and walking towards the door.
Frida followed after, walking out just behind him and shutting the door.

"So, why do you call me 'Purpurea'? Is it some sort of insult or something? Is it a yokai term?" He questioned as the two walked down the hallways.
She shook her head. "No, not at all. It's a part of the scientific name for the purple tarantula, Avicularia Purpurea. Also known as the purple tree tarantula. Your colour scheme reminded me of it, and I'm sure you have gotten tired of me saying 'Donatello' constantly." She informed.
"Oh, that's. . Interesting." He hummed, nodding. "Ive- never been nicknamed anything like that before—"
"Do you. . Wish for me to stop? I could go back to—"
"No, no! It's fine! I promise, I've just never been called something like that before so it's. . It's nice." He smiled a bit. "It's a pleasant change from the usual Dee or Dontron, y'know?"
"I suppose I'll take your word for it, then." She nodded back. "Very well then, Purpurea. I'll continue then."
He nodded and looked forward, sighing quietly. This was nice, maybe having another sibling wasn't so bad. They seemed to get along well, and it seemed like she knows some interesting facts. Perhaps he could give her a nickname if she wanted.

꧁𝑴𝒂𝒎𝒂'𝒔 𝑩𝒐𝒚꧂जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें