Chapter 5

"Purpurea?" Frida called quietly, pushing the semi-open door open wider and poking her head inside. She noticed him shift in his bed, turning to face her with an almost exhausted look.

"Yeah. . ?" He muttered, blinking tiredly as the former walked in holding some sort of box in hand.
"I was just coming in to check up on you. You seemed unwell when I came to check up on you earlier." She assured, setting the box down on the stand and sliding the papers aside so she could walk. "Judging by the papers littering the floor, you got upset at a project gone wrong?"
"More or less. ." He grumbled, shifting a bit. "Forgot to take into account that tech is basically useless here in a land of magic." He huffed.
"Oh. . So that's what this is about." She frowned. "It isn't completely useless, you know. You built the security cameras and they work fine. I'm sure mother even told you about it."
"She did, yes. ." He nodded slightly. "But that's different— She probably would have found some alternative later on down the road."

"I highly doubt so, brother. She likely would have kept things the same and not even tried to find anything like that." She reasoned, sighing and sitting on his bed. ". . . I'll tell you what, perhaps we could go out—up to the surface—and do something, Hm? Get your mind off of. . This situation." She gestured around the room. "Does that sound alright with you? You could even take your tech and show off all you like."

". . . Yeah, yeah it does sound nice, actually. . . ." He nodded. "I uh. . I have an idea for what we could do, anyways—"

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Leonardo walked around the lesser busy streets of New York, kicking cans and other pieces of trash out of his way as he did so. He was wearing a dark blue hoodie with its hood flipped over his head and his mask tails tucked within it so as to not seem suspicious at all. He already had a lot to deal with, he couldn't have being spotted on that list. The blue masked turtle had been looking for something, or rather, someone. Though with each turn he took, his hope quickly diminished upon seeing nothing hinting to his brother's presence. Come on, please 'Tello— I know you're doing something for the witch. You have to be up here somewhere. The tracker said so—

He angrily kicked a can at the wall, getting smacked in the face as it ricocheted off of the surface with a loud clatter. He growled, picking up the can and getting ready to throw it before being interrupted mid-throw. It was a sound. A very familiar sound.

The turtle once again got his hopes up, bounding towards the noise and spotting nothing. His expression fell, and he scowled, turning away and walking back towards the alleyway. Something suddenly whizzed past him. A mosquito. Though it was glowing a neon green at the abdomen, and it looked unusually large. He stumbled back, startled, as something larger blew past him as well. He turned his head, spotting-

Donnie!

He sprinted after the bug and the turtle in the hover shell, before stumbling aside as a third character zipped past him with ease, running along the walls and jumping from surface to surface. Pulling out his phone, he attempted to call the others. They didn't answer, much expected. The other brothers were most likely trying to get Splinter out of the lab again, and Splinter never really used a phone.

He continued the chase, noticing his brother's once short mask tails had seemed a few inches longer. Not quite as long as Leo's or Raph's, but still noticeably long. He had also noticed the new wounds along the soft shell's body. He glanced at the other figure following him, watching as they grabbed Donnie's hand and were flung forward by the purple clad terrapin towards the bug. He was confused but never faltered in his movements, assuming they were some friend he made in the Nexus or that one turtle that claimed to be his sister. Whatever, he couldn't lose sight of his brother, not now. He was too close. He can’t lose him again.