Chapter 6

Donatello had stayed up the entire night, his mind racing 100 miles per hour. He'd looked at the camera footage from yesterday, attempting to wipe all evidence of Frida and him from every camera in New York. He couldn't risk anything, especially when his brothers still have access to his computer. . .

Shit. Shit shit shit— Leo saw me— worst of all, he took a picture, now he knows— Why didn't I notice and grab his phone to delete the image? That's what someone who was smart would do!

His thoughts continued to race, which caused a massive headache to begin. He held his head, sitting on his bed with his knees to his chest. He leaned against the headboard of the bed, clenching his teeth and whining quietly. He had made a huge mistake. Now Leo knew where he was, He knew about Frida, and he knew he was working for Big Mama. What a dumb-dumb!

The genius's train of thought was abruptly interrupted as Big Mama walked in and sat on the bed beside him, frowning upon noticing his distress.

"Are you alright, purpley-boo?" She questioned softly, resting her hand on the soft-shells shoulder.
"Y- yeah. . I'm fine—" He nodded, lifting his head. "Just a headache. . . That's all." He attempted to reassure her, it did not work.
She didn't believe him, though she didn't want to push any boundaries. She nodded back, thinking about what she would say next. "Well, if you're up for it, the audience requested to see you duel again. You surely don't have—"
"I'll do it." He interrupted. "I don't have much to do now anyways. Unless it's fixing my phone or working on other dumb projects."
Big Mama nodded, smiling slightly. "Splendiferous, there is a slot for the early morning and the evening; which would you like?"

"I'll take both, why not? It'll make the audience happy, and you get more money." Donnie decided.
"Are you sure? I wouldn't want you overdoing it." She replied, frowning.
"I'm sure. Like I said, I don't have much to do, anyway. I'll be careful, too." Donnie glanced at the desk full of multiple finished projects and small scraps. His phone still lay in its original place.
Big Mama nodded. "Alrighty, I'll get that set up then. You might want to get some sleep, you don't want to be tired during the duel." She smiled, patting him on the shoulder and getting up.
"Alright, Mama. As you wish." He carefully slid under the covers of his full-sized mattress, having already taken off his accessories earlier, so he wasn't worried about having to take them off.

Big Mama leaned over the mattress, kissed him on the forehead, and left the room, shutting the shut the door behind her quietly.

The turtle mutant closed his eyes, attempting to sleep. Although unfortunately, it didn't work like he had hoped. His mind had started racing again, though not as fast (which he was thankful for). He was still overwhelmed, though. His eyes shooting open, and staring at the wall. His head began to throb after about 35 minutes, so he sat up, rubbing his temples and groaning in annoyance.

He tried to think of something to do. New project, maybe? Nevermind, no ideas. Fix the phone, perhaps? Nope. Definitely not, don't want to see all of the notifications he would likely have from his worried brothers. Walk around the hotel until his body decides that it's finally tired? No, he just told Mama that he would sleep.

He decided, finally, that he would just lay down and stare up at the ceiling. Perhaps his thoughts would keep him busy. He sighed, shifting a bit and spending the next 6 hours staring blankly at the ceiling.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Leonardo sat up, grabbing his phone drowsily off of the nightstand and glancing at the time. 4:45 A.M. Oh, good, it was finally morning. He turned to see if Mikey was still there, which he was. The younger box turtle was asleep, sprawled out in such unusual positions that it made Leo kind of jealous at his surprising flexibility. That's how Mikey usually slept, though, which usually concerned people. Although not him, since he was used to this. Leo stood up with a quiet sigh, walking over to the door of his room and opening it as silently as possible.