-3-

Hyunjin remembered when his parents left for an event, leaving his sister in his care. Eunji had been well back then, she could walk, she could talk. Hyunjin sometimes catches himself smiling when remembering how her giggle was.

He missed how things used to be.

His parents never came home that night either.

He was just eighteen when that happened. He was forced to grow up into adult hood. He never attended college for the sake of saving money to live off of. His sister fell ill a year later and has needed more attention than ever.

They later told him she had an illness that prevented her to walk.

All the doctors he went to told him to give up on her swing how he didn't have the money to help her. But how could someone ask such things from him?

He swore to never leave his sister alone. No matter what they said.

But as he stands frozen at the bottom of the stairs with a gun pointed to his head he couldn't help but wonder if this was it for him. If this was how he would leave his sister and this world behind.

"Please, take all the money you want but don't hurt us." Hyunjin felt his lips quiver on the verge of tears.

"Give me the phone."

Hyunjin took his phone out and handed it to the person behind him. There was a sound of more glass breaking coming from the kitchen followed by the sound of struggle.

A few agonizing moments later someone came out holding his neighbors son, all bloodied up. The man holding his hands from the back was very handsome.

His face was favoured by God for sure.

He looked at me up and down before looking at the person behind me. "Are we taking him as well?"

"He saw too much and knows the neighbors. We can probably make him collateral damage."

Hyunjin widened his eyes.

"NO! I swear I didn't see anything, I won't say anything, please!"

Hyunjin didn't care about his safe being. He just didn't want anything to happen to his sister and would do anything to keep her safe.

He kept looking at the ground and avoided looking at his sister's room.

"He's hiding something."

Hyunjin shot his head up and looked at the man in front of him. "What?"

The man look at the person behind him and his next words made him panic in fear.

"Search the house."

~~~
a/n: it was a shorter chapter but I hope it wasn't too bad.