-4-

Hyunjin saw as the person behind him walked up the stairs. The man was tall but lean. He too had a cap on his head, but it didn't hide the long mullet like hair.

He needed to do something, fast. He looked at his surroundings and tried to find something, anything to stop him.

That's when he heard the sound of a door opening.

"Hyunjin?"

He saw his sister, on the wheel chair, by the door, her face scrunched up since she didn't have her glasses.

"Hyunjin." She says louder this time.

The tall man turned to him, with his finger brought to his lips and stayed close to the walls to not be seen. He nodded at him to answer.

"Uh...yeah, i-i'm here. Sorry I didn't mean to wake you. Go back in your room and sleep." He said hoping she would listen.

"Hyunjin." She said softly, that's when he noticed, her eyes looked unfocused. Like she was staring into nothing.

Oh no.

Hyunjin heard the words that made him go still.

"I can't see...it's all dark."

The tall man, whose hand was on his gun the entire time, stiffened up for a moment then relaxed.

Hyunjin could feel his whole world collapse. 

I'm not going to let anything happen to you, Eunji.

The promise he made so long ago to his sister at the hospital, now broken.

Hyunjin felt his hands shake and his breathing become irregular. He didn't notice how a figure came up behind him and put the cloth to his face.

The last thing he saw was his sister being grabbed by the man by the stairs. He saw as she let out a silent scream.

"Hyunjin!"

I'm sorry, I failed you.

~~~
(!TW: sexual assault!)

The phone rings silently in the small house. Small grunts can be heard in another room where a figure lays motionless.

"What's wrong, cat for your tongue?" The figure above chuckles darkly.

He gets up and zips his pants up.

"She liked it so much she became mute, huh, boys?" He asks his henchmen in the room. He receives small chuckles from them.

He nodded at one of his men by the door, "Get rid of her, and make sure to do it quietly." He pats his shoulder and before leaving whispers something to him that makes the undercover agent grind his teeth.

He waits for everyone to leave the room before going towards the bed.

She heard steps walking closer to the bed and whispers in fear.

"Please, just let me go. I won't tell anyone, please," she says her voice breaking at the end.

"Hey it's ok, I'm here to help you out."

He presses his finger to his earpiece hidden from view.

"The coast is clear."

In the next few minutes, they hear the door open, a woman steps in and heads for the girl. Hey brown hair tied in a ponytail, a backpack in one and in the other a phone.

"Hey sweetie, we're here to help but only if you let us."

The girl slowly nods her head.

"What's your name, hun?"

"Lin."

Hello Lin, my name is Yeji, and this guy," she points her chin at the under cover agent, who is now standing guard by the door, "his name is Keeho. You're safe now."

Lin couldn't hold back hey tears and hugged Yeji while sobbing, repeating thank you over and over again. Yeji hugged back while saying something weird to her.

Keeho looked over and smiled loving this part of his job. And loving what would happen to those men after they were done here.

"I've got good news team. We found them and made sure to send them to Seungmin. Hopefully they get what they deserve."

Keeho looks over at Yeji and nods at her.

She sighs in relief. "They got the men that did this to you, they're gonna suffer in hell just like you did." She says to Lin.

Lin silently cries. "Thank you."

"Let's get you out of here."

~~~
A/N:
So it's been a while since I last updated. This chapter is a little dark but this should be the only chapter I want to write like this. I did mention the tw in the very beginning of this book so don't come at me for something I warned you about.