Wattpad Original
There are 21 more free parts

Ch. 9: Just Don't Kill Me

Knox rattled out a sigh and looked at Anthony's back too, his expression even more dour.

"Should we... should we ask for a second opinion?" Anthony asked, suddenly feeling more exposed than before. Anthony crossed his arm across his stomach, holding his other arm. Not much but it was something. Knox was the one who had all the power here and Anthony couldn't let go of the way Beatrix called him a tool. That name was stuck inside his chest like a little splinter that was impossible to pick out.

Knox shook his head. "No. The less people who know what's going on the better. The last thing I need is some gossipy witch telling all of society that monsters overrun the Lavigne coven." Anthony nodded, watching Knox use his shirt for inflection. "Besides, she truly is the expert on this situation."

Anthony looked up at him, staring at the angry wrinkle between his brows. He swallowed past the lump in his throat, debating holding his breath so he wouldn't have to suffer Knox's sweet aroma. Knox turned into Anthony, closer than Anthony first thought and his breath caught in his chest. Their eyes met and Anthony felt like a butterfly pinned to a board for study. Knox hadn't touched him, but somehow Anthony could feel his stare all over.

"And..." Anthony found his voice, working back up his courage. "And what about the other thing she said? I'm just supposed to keep feeding from you? Forever? What if that stops working?"

"Just don't kill me," Knox said in all seriousness and pulled the sweater off his body, leaving both of their tops on the ground. Seeing his body now was different from seeing him in the bathroom where he only stole glances through the foggy haze of the hot shower. Here he was so up close, and Anthony could get stuck on the little details of his blonde happy trail, the freckles on his chest, and the scratch near his breast.

"What happened?" Anthony asked.

"Today wasn't the first time I've been attacked. The first time came as a surprise."

"I can't believe this is the same day." Anthony let out a breath and dropped his arms as Knox approached again. Knox leaned in, placing his hands carefully on either side of Anthony. With nowhere else to put them, Anthony held Knox's arms. He was so muscular, more than Anthony expected. He was more sturdy than his soft appearance. The prettiest diamond Anthony had ever gotten to touch.

"Do you..." Anthony found himself whispering. "Do you want it to hurt? Or would you like me to..." Anthony swallowed again, unable to properly struggle past the lump in his throat. "Would you like me to make this more pleasant?"

Vampires were like any creature trying to trick their prey into giving up and being consumed. If they choose, they could use venom that could replace the pain of getting bitten with ecstasy. This venom could make a human crave the bite, even beg for it.

Knox met Anthony's eyes again. "Would we be able to stop at the bite?" His deep voice being so close made Anthony squirm in his seat.

He had to be honest. Anthony said, "I don't know. We could..." Anthony shook his head, eyeing a vein in Knox's neck and his throat went bone dry. "We could see where it goes and if it's too much, you're free to punch me."

Knox smirked again. "I think I can find a less barbaric way to stop you."

"Okay," Anthony said like a promise.

"Okay," Knox agreed.

Licking his lips, Anthony drew upward, sliding his hand behind Knox's neck and brought his neck to his lips. Anthony's fangs tingled, vibrating like his gums were asleep as his fangs grew twice their side. Closing his eyes, Anthony struck Knox's skin and swallowed a mouthful of blood so sweetly it burned his tongue. Knox flinched inside his hands and Knox grabbed Anthony side and Anthony held him closer. He licked Knox's neck and the puncture marks, making this man shiver again, delighting Anthony's stomach.