Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

Ch. 19: You were made for me

Sitting on top of the car's hood, Anthony sniffed and looked up at the sky, doing everything to keep these tears at bay. He had never felt stupider. Maybe he believed Knox liked him, maybe Knox had a little crush, but obviously, Knox's childish feelings were too small to matter in the grand scheme of things.

Without a word, Milan walked around the car and joined him. He gently rested his hand on Anthony's back, awkwardly giving him a couple of pats like he's never comforted someone in his life.

Anthony wiped his face with his sleeve, taking another deep breath, and then looked at Milan. His brows pinched together as he asked, "Why are you so nice to me?"

"Do people need a reason to be nice?" Milan posed, leaning back on the car.

A horrible laugh flew out of Anthony's mouth. "Some people don't deserve kindness. I don't think I've done a single thing to deserve your sympathy."

"Not everything in this world is dictated by logic. People are driven often by fear, but usually by love. That reminds me of you. You're in this coven because of your love for your family. You're quite loving to Knox, which makes my job easier."

Standing up, Milan presented himself in front of Anthony with his hand over his heart. "No matter what happens in the end, I can promise you that you have my loyalty, Anthony Ventura. Knox sired me and I would put myself on the line for him, but for you, I'd live. I'd live to stay right behind you and serve."

The tears welled up again. Sometimes it was enough just to hear someone say they genuinely liked Anthony, reminding him of all the reasons he should like himself. Anthony let out a shaky breath. "Thank you."

A brief smile came and went from Milan's face. He dropped his arms, bowing slightly before taking a position between the house and the car. Anthony waited outside, holding himself back from tearing the cottage apart stone by stone and bashing that dragon in the head with it. He wasted time petting the stray black cat, using the car AC to make his face less puffy, and he couldn't stop taking his watch off and putting it back on.

An hour later, Anthony was done with waiting. "Milan," he said as he stormed past the bodyguard. "Start the car. You and I are leaving."

"Yes, sir." Milan bowed slightly and left for the car. Anthony stormed to the front door, finding resistance in the lock. The audacity almost made Anthony choke. His jaw unhinged, and it was the spark of anger that set Anthony on fire. He stormed around the cottage until he heard laughter. Anthony's eyes and mouth widened, all his thoughts being replaced with the loudest alarm going off. That fucking asshole.

Good thing Anthony told Milan to start the car.

Because he would absolutely drive it into the cottage himself.

Anthony hurried back to the car, slamming the door behind him. "We're going to the hotel," he said, and Milan didn't ask questions. He didn't have to when Anthony's face said it all. Too angry to cry, Anthony ripped off his watch and threw it on the ground. He took out his phone but froze.

There was no one he could call.

His family couldn't know there was a problem. Phoebe might gossip to her girlfriend, who might tell anyone. Anthony couldn't be further away from home. He couldn't have fewer people supporting him. Anthony dropped his face into his hands and let everything go. All his fears, anger, and pain trickle into his palms in the form of fat tears. He should've known better.

***

The door to the hotel room opened and the moment Anthony saw a sliver of that blonde hair, Anthony grabbed the nearest object—a table lamp and chucked it right at Knox's face. Knox dodged and the lamp smashed against the wall in the hallway. Knox's entire face slacked, his skin going sheet white.