Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Ch. 28: I'm doing it for love

Pulling himself together, Anthony hurried to catch up with everyone. He didn't have time to get lost in what-if scenarios. Real life was happening and he didn't want to miss his siblings teasing Knox over the course of the day for a second. 

The day was all about rehearsal and Anthony spent the entire day obsessed with watching Knox interact with his family. The way Bianca needled him with questions about the people he did or didn't know while awkwardly talking to Mathew about the weather when they found out they had nothing in common. Nino even caught up with Knox, who also asked Ben about his novels. He also mistakenly called Ben Nino's husband, which sparked the marriage debate again and even Johanna put in her two cents.

"Aren't you worried he's going to be bitten by someone else? There's lots of ways to marry an immortal being without becoming a vampire," she said.

"Dante won't let me tell my friends," Ben said.

"Why?" Johanna asked. "In a century, his friends won't even be around."

Gabriel had never laughed harder. Quietly, Evie would pop random questions to Knox about his favorite things that Anthony filed away for later, like green being favorite color, and how he like black and white movies. That night in Anthony's room was all about the gossip, with everyone piled into the same bed, except Ben and Nino on the pullout couch.

"Have you had sex?" Bianca immediately asked.

"Gross," Nino said and covered his ears. "I don't wanna know this."

"I think the question you ask first is if Anthony likes Knox or not," Mathew said.

Bianca rolled her eyes. "You don't have to like someone to have sex with them."

Anthony ruffled Mathew's hair and pulled him in, patting his shoulder as Mathew pouted, resting against his chest. "I'll answer both. Yes, we've done it and yes." Anthony couldn't help but smile. "I do like him."

"I knew you would," Nino said, and Anthony had it. He chucked a pillow at Nino.

"Don't try to take credit."

Easily, Nino caught the pillow and threw it back. He laughed. "I can't. Unfortunately, you'll have to thank Dante."

The room groaned into laughter, but Anthony was exhausted talking about himself. He wanted to know everything going on with them, any changes he had missed, any updates he could remember for later when he missed them so much, he couldn't stand it anymore and had to think about them. Slowly, they all sank into their bed as sleep picked them off one by one until Anthony and Mathew were the only people left.

Curled up next to each other, Anthony and Mathew were face-to-face. Mathew whispered, "I can't believe you're getting married."

Anthony nodded. "I'm not sure I believe it either. It might not hit me until I'm walking down the aisle."

"Is Knox who you imagined marrying?" Mathew asked.

Anthony shook his head. "No. I didn't think I'd get married. Especially not anytime soon. We live a long time."

Mathew's eyes flitted down. "I guess.... but I am going to miss you. The house is getting emptier and emptier."

"You'll have to visit me when I move into my new house."

"I will. You'll have to bring Knox home, too."

"I will," Anthony promised. "Don't worry, Matty. Everything's going to be alright."

Mathew nodded and pulled back from Anthony, settling into the bed, face down on his pillow. "Okay. You can go now."

"Go where?" Anthony raised to his elbow, looking down at him in confusion.