Wattpad Original
There are 19 more free parts

Ch. 11: He's a problem

Anthony could tell a lot about a person based on who they dated in the past. Looking at Bianca's exes, they were always good looking, rich, powerful, and usually older, people that could handle nonsense. It told Anthony that his sister likes to be taken care of, that she prefers the finer things in life, and someone needs to match her tastes. Nino always went for quiet ones. Soft ones. Nino went for people that were nicer to him than he was to himself. The theme with his siblings was that they wanted to be taken care of. Dante never dated, which meant either his expectations were too high, or he wasn't a thing created to date at all. He might be asexual, but even some ace people saw more action than his oldest brother.

If someone were to put the microscope on Anthony, he'd say needed someone easy going, someone that would say yes to him no matter what. Someone who didn't like to argue... but Anthony also realized none of his relationships worked out.

Anthony stood across from Flynn and he could instantly tell, Knox Lavigne had a particular type. Knox's type was rich, probably bratty and smug. He seemed to like guys that were overly manicured and, by the looks of the dozens of bags in his staff's hands, put a lot of money into caring into his appearance. Anthony's stomach twisted. His future husband also had a thing for pretty, soft-looking guys. Flynn had this air that he'd get lost on the way home that a stiff wind could knock him over.

Anthony wasn't the type.

"Oh, Flynn, yes," Anthony said, putting on his business smile and shook his hand a bit more seriously. "It's good to meet you. I've heard of you."

Flynn's brows popped back up on his forehead. Apparently, some people had a resting bitch-face, but Flynn always appeared perpetually surprised. Some might find it charming. Some not including Anthony. "Really?" Flynn asked, playing coy. "I'm surprised Knox would mention me to you."

"Oh, not from him," Anthony said with a good-hearted laugh. From behind Flynn, Milan curled his lips in.

This didn't shake Flynn. Not on the surface. Still smiling, Flynn said, "Well, I would say the same thing about you, but I didn't even know there were five Ventura siblings. I thought it was just four. I was so surprised."

Anthony hummed, a non-committed sound, and finally took his hand back. "What can I say? I don't really rely on standing out like some people. I'm sure it works for some people." Anthony purposely flicked his eyes down at Flynn's pants and looked back up.

"It's good we've met like this. I have to apologize that I won't be making it to your engagement party this weekend—" he said and Anthony steeled himself. He didn't know anything about a party, but he wouldn't let Flynn know that "—unfortunately, I'm throwing a party myself. You wouldn't mind a cozy affair, right? I can imagine we share a similar guest list."

"We'll see."

Milan cleared his throat, throwing Anthony a bone that he quickly picked up. "Oh, thank you, Milan. It seems I'm running late to meet Knox."

"Of course," Flynn said, slightly dipping his head. At the end of the day, appearances must be kept up. Anthony would be the king's consort of this coven. Of Flynn's coven. Anthony looked to Milan, breezing past Flynn when he whispered, "Enjoy him while you can."

Anthony stopped. "Excuse me? I must've misheard what you said."

Flynn smiled so sweetly, Anthony could imagine that was the way Flynn must've gotten his way with Knox in the past. "I'm just advising you to enjoy Knox while you can. Your marriage is beneficial, I'm sure, but once those benefits are no longer necessary, it'll end, right? Vampires live a long time. One day, he won't need you anymore."

"And let me guess, you'll be there?" Anthony had to laugh at the absurdity.

"I'll put it to you this way. Your engagement is arranged. Knox asked me to marry him because he wanted to. Not because he had to. So, I'll say it again. Enjoy him while you can."