Wattpad Original
There are 15 more free parts

Ch. 15: You should be happy

"You fucking asshole!" Flynn spat. With gritted teeth, he slammed Anthony into the wall again. "Who do you think you are? Coming into this coven to fuck up my life?"

"Oh, Flynn, nice to see you too," Anthony said, the taste of copper coating his mouth. "Is something wrong?"

"You think just because you have that ring that you're untouchable, but let me explain something to you, I run this town—"

Rolling his eyes, Anthony shoved his arm down with one hard push and escaped easily. Twisting around, Anthony kicked the hell out of Flynn in the stomach, knocking him onto his ass. Anthony used the back of his hand to wipe the blood off his lip.

"It's honestly cute that you think we're on the same level." He took a step closer and dropped to his hind legs, resting his chin in the palm of his hands. "You obviously don't know who you're dealing with, but I know for a fact that I'm not scared of you. Flynn Kline, we never have to cross paths again. You can continue your mediocre life in peace without ever interacting with me or my fiancé. However, if you ever see me again, I expect you to run. I expect you to go the other way because I can make your life a living hell."

Going bright red, Flynn's face twisted into a nasty scowl. He tried throwing a punch, but with an eye roll, Anthony grabbed it and tossed his arm, making Flynn fall flat on his stomach. Standing back up and dropping his hand in his pocket, Anthony held back some of his strength and slammed his foot into Flynn's stomach. Flynn groaned into a cough and Anthony just sighed, waiting for him to pull himself together.

"What in the world..."

At once, Anthony and Flynn snapped their heads around as Knox walked towards them, his hands out in total confusion. "What happened? What are you two doing?"

"Knox!" Flynn huffed, stumbling back to his feet, and using Knox's arm to steady himself. Shivering, Flynn was clutching and grabbing at Knox's clothes like he was about to slip off a cliff. "He's a psycho! Stay away from him. He's an actual monster."

Knox shot Anthony a baffled look, but Anthony just shrugged. Shaking his head, Knox took a breath and rubbed Flynn's arms, trying to soothe him. "Just calm down," Knox said with his buttery smooth voice and Anthony thought about shoving his head right through the wall. Knox tried calming him down. "We can talk. I've been looking for you."

The words flew out of Anthony's mouth. "Have you?"

"Go back to the party, Anthony," Knox insisted, and the moment Anthony's face dropped. Knox cringed at his own words, the guilt striking him like a slap in the face. "I'll come find you."

Anthony put a smile on his face that was so forced he might've pulled something. But Anthony also had the feeling he had already tried his luck one too many times today, and if he didn't want Knox to strangle him, he would go back to his own stupid pity party.

Turning on his auto mode, Anthony traveled to the party, greeting guests, and making idle conversation, when Anthony's phone vibrated.

Checking it, it surprised Anthony to see Ben's name across the screen.

"Excuse me," Anthony told some vampire council members and ran for the outside balcony that overlooked the city. Anthony answered, glancing up at the empty black sky.

"Hello? Is everything alright?" Anthony didn't know why he asked that, but his gut always told him something was wrong.

"Everything's fine. Just checking up on you. Sorry we couldn't come to your last-minute engagement party," Ben said with a delicious sarcastic flavor.

"It's alright. I didn't invite you guys."

"Not even me?"

"Even you. I can't take another chance on Nino leaving when I want him to besides—" Anthony stopped, catching himself before he got carried away. Glancing at the other people outside, he wandered to the furthest corner and leaned against the railing.