02

୨୧

୨୧

Ha-neul was heading to the storage room with the teacher's permission, looking for what she needed. While rummaging through the shelves, she didn't notice someone else had entered. As she was about to leave, she came face to face with another person, and both let out surprised screams. Quickly, the guy realized the situation and covered Ha-Neul's mouth, signaling her to crouch.

''Please, stay like this. I'll make sure to return the favor before I die'' said the guy, whom Ha-Neul quickly recognized as Yi-Chan. However, Ha-neul heart was beating faster than usual.

''I'm going to remove my hand now. Please, don't scream. One, two, three'' counted the guy before removing the hand. ''Thanks'' he said when he saw she didn't say anything, she just was looking at him.

''How stupid and bold. It was a good fight'' added the guy, looking out the window from afar to make sure the person he was hiding from wasn't close.

Suddenly, he stood up and began to confess, ''Yes, you're right. I confessed my feelings to Choi Se-Kyeong from the music department. God, it was a bit embarrassing. I was immature for wanting to start a band just because I was in love'' Them, the guy stopped and said, ''Well...'' Before noticing Ha-neul and exclaiming, ''Oh, I know who you are now. You're the one from the library who refused to lend me the book I took first.''

''Sorry, what did you take first? Because I took it first'' The girl replied.

''You're mistaken, I took it first.'' Yi-Chan insisted.

Then, she threatened to scream if he didn't accept that she took it first.

''Okay, Okay, you took it first. Happy? Don't Scream, okay?'' Yi-chan terrified conceded. ''Anyway, thanks for today'' he approached quickly and added.

''Hey, by any chance, I heard you also play the violencho'' said the guy

''Violencho, no, dummy! I play the guitar'' replied the girl.

''Oh, show me'' insisted the guy.

''No, not a chance'' said the girl, ''when you hear a 'no', it stays a 'no'. It won't change''

Suddenly, the guy bumped into something and grunted in pain. At the same time, someone started kicking the door and banging on it. ''Gosh, that little one is like a rat'' said the person outside, while Yi-chan held the door to prevent it from opening. It turned out to be the physical education teacher.

''Open the door right now''

Yi-Chan tapped and then said, ''There's no one here''

''Are you an idiot?'' said the girl.

''How dare you mock an adult like this?'' the teacher said, ''hey whoever is with you is also punished, both of you, out!'' he continued saying and kicking.

''Calm down sir'' Sid Yi-chan, still holding the door.

''Open it,'' he said more angrily.

''Hey, I'm going to handle this alone?, things get worse for you if you don't help me,'' Yi-chan said, looking at the girl ''Please, help me just this once,'' Ha-neul continued with a sigh, going to his side to hold the door with him.

''Teacher, let's try to talk'' Yi-chan said as teacher kept kicking the door to force it open

''Hey, it's going to open with keys. What do we do? I'll be in trouble because of you'' Ha-neul said terrified.

''Come'', Yi-chan said, grabbing her hand, Then opened a hole leading to an exit directly outside, still holding her hand as they ran. Finally, they stopped.

''Seriously, my grandma is the best. She always said that if you push against a wall, it turns into a bridge,'' the guy said proudly. ''Who would0ve thought there was a hole there?'' he added, letting out a strange laugh.

''By the way, what's your name? You know mine, but I don't know yours. I should know it too; we might meet again'' He said.

''Ha-neul, my name is Ha-neul'' said the girl

The next morning, while Ha-neul was talking, Se-Kyeong told her that she was going to study abroad but not to tell anyone. Only one girl and ha-neul knew about it.

Se-Kyeong and Ha-Neul didn't have deep friendship, but they got along very well. Sometimes they even shared the same interests. They simply enjoyed each other's company.

Se-Kyeong also invited Ha-neul to the Myeongse School's tenth Golden Scalpel concert. Ha-neul didn't want to go, but Se-kyeong mentioned that she wanted to inroduce her to a girl, she knew.

Ha-neul had no choice but to accept. After saying goodbye, Ha-neul  went to the art room, or rather, stayed there, looking through the window, searching for a particular person. When she found her with her eyes, she smiled. Cheong-Ah, they had a somewhat friendly relationship. Ha-neul has started with art but quite recently and met her there.

Even though the girl didn't talk to her, they communicated through writing. According to what she'd heard, Cheong-Ah couldn't hear or speak, but that was no reason for Ha-neul to stop being with her. When Cheong-Ah directed her eyes toward the window, she saw Ha-neul, giving her a small smile and waving.

Ha-neul, after arriving home and changing into something comfotable, met up with Se-kyeong, and they headed to the concert. Upon arrival, there was no one yet, and Ha-neul couldn't see the girl. ''Are you sure she'll come? Ha-neul asked.

''Yes, she'll be here any moment'' Se-kyeong replied.

Eventually, people started arriving, everyone except the girl. The concert began, and everyone was enjoying it, but Ha-Neul didn't feel entirely comfortable with the girl who was always with Se-Kyeong, whose name she didn't even know.

Although the concert was well-prepared, "Will she come?" Ha-Neul whispered to Se-Kyeong. "She probably had something come up," Se-Kyeong assured her.

he concert ended, and yes, the girl didn't show up. Later, they took photos with the performer, but Ha-Neul declined to be in them.

Suddenly, someone shouted Se-Kyeong's name loudly.

"That's not Ha-Lee Chan?" said the girl accompanying Se-Kyeong.

"Ha-Lee Chan?" the guy asked.

"I told you last time, there's a psycho chasing Se-Kyeong," the girl continued. "He's not a psycho," Ha-Neul defended, looking at her, and she rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, I arrived late. The ticket, I saw the ticket too late," Yi-Chan said tiredly, sighing heavily. "Has the performance ended?" Yi-Chan asked. S

upposedly, Se-Kyeong had invited Yi-Chan, but Se-Kyeong denied it, saying she didn't know what he was talking about.

The guy kept insisting, providing evidence of almost losing the ticket, until Se-Kyeong shouted, "Enough, enough, please!"

I was going to interrupt, but she continued, "You promised never to appear in front of me again. You said you always keep the promises you make. Do you have amnesia?" Se-Kyeong said angrily. "Do you even want to be in a band? You just want attention from girls. Anyway, do you even have a band?" Se-Kyeong continued.

"Hey, at least let him explain. If you don't let him talk, how will you know?" Ha-Neul said, seeing how harshly Se-Kyeong was speaking to Yi-Chan.

Se-Kyeong looked at her, visibly upset that Ha-Neul was defending him.

"Who said he doesn't have a band?" a guy shouted from a distance as he approached them.

Ha-Neul recognized him immediately, it was the guy who asked her what year they were in. Unable to help it, a smile spread across her face.

୨୧