05

୨୧

The girl's vision began to blur; someone was calling her as a crowd gathered around her. However, her eyes eventually closed, and she lost consciousness, overcome by the piercing pain that had struck her.

The girl slowly opened her eyes, feeling pain throughout her body. She realized she was in the hospital, lying in bed. She tried to sit up but couldn't. Suddenly, someone drew back the curtain, revealing Se-kyeong's face along with a group of people who seemed to be part of Yi-chan's band. Yi-chan himself was there, wearing a hospital gown with some injuries on his face.

''Oh, she's awake. Someone, call the nurse'' someone said.

''Hey, do you recognize me?'' Yi -chan asked.

''Who are you people?'' the girl responded.

''Oh my god, maybe she lost the memory'' another guy said, horrified.

''Hey, are you sure you don't recognize me?'' Yi-chan asked again.

''I don't know who are you. What am I doing here? The girl said.

''You had an accident,'' Se-kyeong explained.

''Go call the doctor, she doesn't remember anything'' Yi-chan instructed someone

Upon hearing that, the girl started laughing. ''You should see your faces,'' she said, recognizing them but wanting to see their reactions.

''You're Yi-chan'' she said, pointing at him. ''You're Se-kyeong'' she continued, pointing at the girl. ''And you're the one who took me to the hospital the other day, Hyeon-yul. I don't know the others.''

''Did you guys see? She recognized me,'' Hyeon-yul said proudly, smiling at her.

''Oh my god, you've had a serious accident. You can't make these jokes'' exclaimed the guy, visibly concerned about the girl's health.

''Hey, are you okay? Those guys beat you up, right?'' Ha-neul said.

''I'm sorry; it was my fault you had the accident, for wanting to seek help. But thanks to Se-Kyeong, who took me to the hospital, and she also brought you,'' explained the guy.

''By the way, I wasn't the one who saved you,'' said the Se-kyeong, to which they looked confused. 

''You didn't save us? But you took us to the hospital'' said the girl.  

''Yes, I did, but someone else found you and asked me for help. You could say she saved your lives,'' clarified Se-Kyeong.

''Who was it?'' asked Ha-neul

''She is a student from Seowon Arts High School. Her name was Yoon Cheong-Ah'' revealed Se-kyeong.

''Yoon Cheong-ah?'' asked Yi-chan and Ha-neul at the same time. 

''Your friend Yoon Cheong-Ah?'' asked Yi-Chan to her. 

''What? Is she my friend? Wait, and you're my friend too?'' exclaimed Se-Kyeong, directing her gaze toward Ha-Neul. 

''Aren't you close since you exchange concert tickets and letters?'' asked Yi-Chan. 

''Oh my god, did you already forget me?'' asked a confused Ha-Neul hearing Se-Kyeong's question. '

''just kidding,'' laughed Se-Kyeong. 

''Although Cheong-Ah and I are also friends. I was just wondering how others would see us,'' said Se-Kyeong. 

''I guess I was also wondering how the two of you got close,'' said Yi-Chan. ''Easy to talk to?'' exclaimed Ha-Neul almost shouting. ''I thought she had hearing problems,'' said Yi-Chan.

''I guess we find it easy to talk to each other'' Se-kyeong said, referring to Cheong-ah

''What? Easy to talk?'' Ha-neul exclaimed. 

''I thought she had hearing problems'' Yi-chan said, equally confused as Ha-neul. 

''She can't hear?'' Se-kyeong asked.

''What?'' said Ha-neul

''What?'' Yi-Chan said the same.

''What?''Se-Kyeong repeated.

''Visiting hours are over. Everyone except the guardian should leave,'' said the nurse as she passed by. '' Oh, you woke up; we'll bring your medicine now,'' said the nurse.

''Please, don't say anything about this accident to my parents,'' Ha-Neul pleaded with Se-Kyeong.

''Not saying what, Ha-neul?'' someone said, entering through the door. Oh God, it was their parents; they had found out, and now they were there. Her parents scolded her, and they were on the verge of tears.

 Her mother had prepared a lot of food and even fed Yi-Chan.

 ''Open your mouth,'' the mother said, feeding Ha-Neul, who blushed with embarrassment while Yi-Chan laughed. ''Oh God, Mom, I'm not a little girl anymore'' she said. Finally, they left, and Ha-Neul could rest while exchanging a few words with the guy.

Yi-Chan had already been discharged, and he could leave the hospital, although they didn't allow the girl to leave yet. 

She still needed some time to recover, but the days she had to stay were no more than two or three; the accident wasn't so severe.

The next day, upon returning to class, the girl was practicing sign language to thank Cheong-Ah. Upon entering, Se-Kyeong's supposed friend greeted her, but she ignored the greeting. 

Instead, she went straight to where Cheong-Ah was sitting. Cheong-Ah's face lit up when she saw her, so the girl quickly waved at her, and Cheong-Ah returned the greeting. 

Then, the girl began to express her gratitude. ''Thank you so much for saving me that day. It could be said that I'm alive today thanks to you,'' she said while trying not to forget the signs.

 Cheong-Ah was surprised that she knew sign language, and her face lit up even more. Suddenly, everyone in the classroom started to leave.

''Ha Eun-Gyeol is back! Everyone at Seowon Arts High School, we are the band from Baegwang High School: 'False Memories of First Love: Creators.' For the students tired of studying, and for their passion and youth that will finally ignite, we will play this song. One, two, three, four!''

 Immediately, Ha-Neul recognized the voice. It was Yi-Chan. Everyone gathered outside, and Yi-Chan was on the microphone with his band.

 Quickly, the girl grabbed Cheong-Ah's hand, and they went down together to join the crowd as Yi-Chan began to sing.

       ୨୧