12

  ୨୧

The girl stopped covering her ears and turned towards him. ''Hyeon-yul, we can't... I still have feelings for someone else. It wouldn't be right to date you while I'm still holding feelings for someone,'' the girl said, turning to him with a mixture of sincerity and regret in her eyes.

She paused, the weight of her words hanging in the air, her gaze unwavering as she tried to convey the depth of her emotions. 

Her voice carried a hint of sorrow, understanding the weight of her decision as she struggled with her own internal conflict. She longed to be fair to herself and to him, not wanting to lead anyone on while her heart remained divided.

Hyun-yul looked at her, a mix of understanding and disappointment flashing across his face. He nodded slowly, acknowledging the complexity of her emotions. ''I appreciate your honesty, and I respect your need to sort things out. I'll be here, even if it takes time.''

''The thing about the kiss... let's pretend it didn't happen,'' the girl said softly before turning away.

As the girl walked, scanning her surroundings, Yi-chan appeared after a while. ''Hey, I need to talk to you,'' the boy began. ''Yesterday, you told me I liked Cheong-ah and should confess to her. But when I went to see her and considered your words, I realized something. For a moment, I thought my feelings were for her, but being with you, it's different. It's not her I want, it's you. I spoke to her and told her about this,'' he confessed, surprising the girl.

She stood there, taken aback by his revelation, her heart racing with a mix of emotions. Yi-chan's confession stirred something within her, something she hadn't expected. Her eyes widened, trying to process his words and the unexpected turn of events.

"Yi-chan, I didn't mean...'' she began, her voice trailing off as she tried to find the right words.

''No, let me finish,'' he gently interrupted, taking a step closer. ''I've realized that what I feel when I'm with you is different, deeper. It's not just friendship. It's something more, something I can't ignore anymore.''

The girl was speechless, her mind racing as she tried to comprehend the sudden shift in their relationship. Yi-chan's honesty was both overwhelming and unexpected, and she struggled to process her own feelings at that moment.

The girl hesitated, recounting the recent events with Hyeon-yul and the kiss. She explained to Yi-chan that she, too, had started developing feelings for him, but it would be wrong as the other guy had just kissed her, leaving her in a state of confusion. It wouldn't be fair to either of them to act on her mixed emotions, so for now, they should remain as friends.

As she spoke, there was a visible conflict in her eyes, torn between her emotions and her sense of fairness. She wanted to be honest with Yi-chan, to explain the complexity of her feelings without causing any misunderstanding.

Yi-chan listened attentively, his expression a mix of understanding and concern. He nodded quietly, acknowledging her words, and his eyes conveyed a silent understanding of the difficult situation.

''Of course,'' he finally replied softly. ''I understand. Let's just be friends for now.''

There was a fleeting moment of disappointment on both their faces, a shared understanding of the barriers that had arisen between them. Yet, at that moment, they both silently agreed to maintain their bond, hoping that time would offer clarity and perhaps a chance for something more in the future.

As the end, they rejoined the others. The boys were busy composing the song while the girls focused on the design. Cheing-ah had sketched a fantastic drawing of the band.

''Wow, Eun-gyeol's mom is very talented.'' Se-kyeong began, glancing at Cheong-ah's drawing.

''His mom? What do you mean?'' Ha-neul asked, suprised.

''Oh, nothing, just talking nonsense,'' Se-kyeong replied nervously.

''When did you learn sign language?'' Cheong-ah asked Se-kyeong using sign language.

''I met a deaf person at the hospital when I had a brief hearing problem. He taught me,'' Se-kyeong explained. ''I learned quickly because he was really handsome and fun.''

''More handsome than Eun-gyeol?'' Cheong-ah inquired, to which Ha-neul burst into laughter.

''Hey, you can't even compare them, of course, Eun-gyeol...'' Se-kyeong halted as she noticed Ha-neul staring at her attentively with a smile, causing all three to burst into laughter.

The following day, the three girls woke up to the sound of the boys singing outside. It meant they had finished writing the song. Excited, the girls rushed outside to listen. They all had wide smiles on their faces.

''It's a new start, a breath, a moment I've been waiting for. Erase the times that have passed. We're here on this shining stage. Don't look back; you'll have regrets. There's no need to hesitate. This chance won't come again. So let's begin. The days that shone so bright. All our dreams (shiny, shiny), Just like now. Don't stop here, in this moment. Run without looking back. So you can dream again higher, fly higher. I hope this moment lasts forever,''Yi-chan sang while the others played their instruments.

After the wonderful song session, everyone found themselves at the beach, running around joyfully. Ha-neul held Cheong-ah's hand, running alongside her. The boys ventured into the water, playfully splashing each other, while Se-kyeong captured their moments with her camera.

''Let me record this!'' Eun-gyeol exclaimed, joining in and capturing videos of everyone.

Afterward, Ha-neul took turns taking photos of everyone. She was the one behind the camera this time. As the day to depart arrived, they boarded the train, exhausted from their adventures. Yi-chan fell asleep with his head resting on Ha-neul's shoulder.

Upon reaching their destination, they stepped off the train, all feeling the weariness of their hard work.

''You all worked so hard these past few days,'' Yi-chan began. 

''I don't have much to say, I just want you all to remember one thing: the game ends the moment you give up. I never doubted that we would lose against Llyoung High,'' Yi-chan said, clarifying their recent experiences. ''So keep that in mind, Viva...''

Approaching the group, Yi-chan prompted them to gather their hands for their customary salute. ''There are so many people here,'' they remarked, glancing around.

''Let's go, let's go, Viva!" Yi-chan exclaimed. ''La Vida! Watermelon sugar!'' they all chimed in, raising their hands in the air. ''Finished,'' Yi-chan declared.

As everyone began to disperse, Yi-chan and Ha-neul lingered behind, walking away. In the distance, Eun-gyeol and Se-kyeong observed them.

''Hey, why are they together again?'' Eun-gyeol asked, watching them.

''Hey, are you sure your mom is Cheong-ah and not Ha-neul?'' the girl teased, trying not to burst into laughter, earning a glare from Eun-gyeol.

  ୨୧