08

୨୧

୨୧

In the afternoon, the girl decided to swing by the library in search of some new finds. While there's she bumped into Cheong-ah and Yi-chan. They chatted for a bit, and the girl showed them a drawing of watermelons, suggesting it might look good on a T-shirt. Though Ha-neul had another idea in mind, she found Cheong-ah's suggestion quite fitting.

The next morning, Ha-neul grabbed her pink camera before selecting her outfit for the day. After getting dressed, she headed to the library to read up on graphics and practice a bit. However, she got distracted, and when she checked the time, she realized she was running late. Hastily, she got up and dashed out, coincidentally running into Se-kyeong and Cheong-ah, who were also in a rush. The three exchanged quick greetings, feeling a bit awkward about the situation.

''Let's work hard together from now on," Se-kyeong said, conveying the message to Cheong-ah using sign language. Cheong-ah responded with a glance, allowing Ha-neul to grasp a bit of their conversation. ''Honestly, I'm not very good at sign language; I'm still learning," Ha-neul admitted.

The three shared smiles and then walked into the building together.

As they entered, the guys were already rehearsing. Eun-gyeol spoted a board smile towards Se-kyeong, and when Ha-neul turned her head towards Yi-chan, she noticed he was also smiling. Ha-neul reciprocated with a smile, and the next day they were gearing up for a photoshoot. Upon arriving at the studio, the found the guys changing their shirts: Supposedly, the ''watermelon sugar' shirts had arrived.

''Do you put them on or take them off? If you were taking them off, stop; if you were putting them on, finish,'' Se-kyeong said, while Cheong-ah covered her face and Ha-neul tried not to look.

''Today's the photoshoot for the poster,'' Ha-neul mentioned with a smile, as she and Se-kyeong stowed away their cameras. The guys continued their practice, handling it quite well.

Later, they stepped out, each holding a watermelon ice cream. Se-kyeong and Ha-neul took photos while the guys posed, each time in different outfits. Ha-neul handed the camera to Cheong-ah for a photo, and she took it with a smile before returning the camera. There was a pause for some changes, and then they resumed the photoshoot.

Ha-neul stood in front of Yi-chan, adjusting the strands of his hair, but each time she did, he seemed nervous. However, someone was watching them, not so contently: Eun-gyeol. Yi-chan gestured at something behind Ha-neul; she turned but saw nothing. When she looked forward again, Yi-chan was already gone.

After that, they carried on with the photoshoot, and everything was going perfectly well.

As the festival drew closer, Yi-chan's excitement soared, hoping to be chosen by Se-kyeong. However, it was evident that Se-kyeong was entirely with Eun-gyeol. After her music classes, Ha-neul walked through the alleys while reading, the twilight casting dark and purple hues around. Suddenly, she collided with someone.

''Hey, watch where you're going. Don't you know how to walk?'' Ha-neul snapped upon seeing Hyeon-yul.

''Who reads while walking?'' the boy retorted.

''And who doesn't look ahead while walking?'' Ha-neul crossed her arms.

''If you've bumped into me, the book must be interesting,'' Hyeon-yul remarked sarcastically.

''Yes, more fascinating than talking to you,'' Ha-neul replied, continuing her path, and the boy followed. She picked up her pace, and he caught up. Suddenly, they began an impromptu race, stopping exhausted at the end.

''I won the race'' Ha-neul claimed, panting.

''What race? There was no race'' the boy tried to catch his breath.

''Well, now you know it was a race, and I won'' Ha-neul retorted defiantly. ''Let's start another in 3, 2...''

Before finishing the countdown, Hyeon-yul sprinted off, cheating. Ha-neul, realizing it, chased after him, yelling about the foul play.

However, unbeknownst to them, someone was watching: a man with an unpleasant expression, observing them from a distance. His gaze was cold and distant, paired with a sinister and unfriendly smile.

The morning after, Yi-chan called Ha-neul, urging her to join them at the festival venue. The guard had allowed them to practice there. The boy suggested she come to judge their performance.

Ha-neul agreed, unaware of how they convinced the guard until they explained it involved Yi-chan's grandmother's dumplings. She settled into one of the many chairs, actually the first row, and they began.

They were doing exceptionally well, having rehearsed tirelessly. When they finished, Ha-neul applauded and approached the stage to commend them.

''Well done,'' she started, but before they could respond, an interruption stormed into the room. Another band, armed with sticks, didn't seem friendly at all.

''Hey, hey, hey, Hyeon-yul do you casually know them?'' the boy with glasses asked terrified.

The band barged in, knocking over plastic chairs. ''Look who we have here, the same girl who was with you yesterday,''said the boy with a smile, leaving Ha-neul perplexed.''I have a present for you, Hyeon-yul, Mi-Hoon,' he said, pushing a student forward.

''Do Jin, just hit me if you're going to, let the others go, they have nothing to do with this,'' Hyeon-yul said.

But the supposed Do jin ignored the boy, suddenly began to sign and closed the door of the room.

Yi-chan grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her back.

''Step on them'' he ordered his band. Chaos erupted; Someone approached Ha-neul, and she instinctively hit him with the guitar that was next to her. Everyone was fighting, and she could only look on in surprise.

The girl, seeing the band leader approaching to Yi-chan with a stick, leapt off the stage to shield him and took the blow herself. As she felt her surroundings spinning, she heard the boy calling out to her.

The gang leader didn't mind hitting the girl, he tried to hit the boy again, but then someone burst into the room, kicked the gang leader and yelled: ''Don't touch Lee-chan! Idiots!''

The band retreated upon hearing what seemed to be the police arriving. The girl collapsed to the ground, closing her eyes. Yi-chan quickly shook her to check if she was conscious, and her eyes fluttered open. ''I'm okay, just need to rest, the hit wasn't that hard,'' she said, getting up and holding her ear, a trickle of blood seeping through.

''Hey, why did you do that?'' Yi-chan asked angrily.

But suddenly, Eun-gyeol hugged the girl, expressing gratitude and shedding a few tears, leaving the girl bewildered by the situation.

୨୧