2| Tara

I don't miss being home

I don't miss being home. I didn't run away from home, I didn't hide from home.
I justified everything there, there always had to be a reason.

Looking at the white front door brought two feelings but not at once.
Sometimes I was extremely happy to get home, to see my family and get comfy.
Other times I wanted to run, get away from the horrible sounds and feelings inside.

And when I left, I never looked back.

There was nothing holding me back.

I loved home, don't get me wrong. My parents are amazing people...it was just hard to be there at times.

I wanted to make something of myself. But that didn't come easy. My self-esteem was nowhere to be found. I didn't understand why people would want me, or even consider me as a friend.

But there was a burning desire inside me, wanting to be released into the wild.

Something that told me that I had to do something with my life.

It wasn't clear at first, it was hard to make the fog fade. But slowly, it faded and revealed something beautiful.

I knew what I needed to do.

Rosalie?
Can you answer me?

But I didn't think it would come with a cost. Trying to hold secrets that you don't want to be known is so much harder said than done.

I checked my phone again to see a new message.

Tara <3

You coming tonight? x

Yeah see you soon <3

Tara is one of my best friends. We actually used to despise each other. I was new, she was old money. I had an agenda, a wall I built for no reason.

I think I was more jealous of her. She had it all. The fame, the beauty, the boyfriend and the love.
At that time, I was still soul searching, cursing any soul that made me slightly jealous.

One day, we were at an after party. I seen her a little upset, I didn't want to help her or did I want to even confront her. But something told me to go over to see if she was okay.

I don't think I've ever been a girls girl until I met Tara. Now when I think about it, I cringe for the person I used to be.

But I'm glad I met her.

If you haven't realized, Tara and Dan have broken up. It was a messy breakup.

There was no hiding from the drama that involved myself in.

I caught Dan cheating. I told Tara, I couldn't be the sort of person to let it go. She's my friend, I'm not Dan's.

INTO THE TABLOIDS

Hollywoods finest. Every time I go to one of these parties, I try to look out for the people that I shouldn't go near. We've all heard the stories.

A young woman with ambitions, a rich powerful man.
I'm the lucky one. I did most of this on my own.

But something still makes me wary of those around me.
"Rosa?" Tara shouts over the music as she sets her drink on the table. "Can you watch my drink?"

"Yeah sure...where are you going?"

"To the bathroom, actually bring the drink, I want you to come with me."

She grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me with her. I held her drink with my hand covering the top.
Once we finally reach the bathroom, she goes into the stall and I wait for her outside.

Lines of powder cover the sinks. And that's when I realize I don't want to be here.

Tara came out of the stall and makes her way to the sink. She turns the tap on and begins to talk to me again.
I can't really listen to what she's saying. Her words blur into one.

"Are you even listening to me?" She asked with a cheeky smile.

"Yeah, sorry. I think I might go home."

She dries her hands with a tissue and throws it in the garbage. "Yeah, this party is kind of shit, isn't it?"

I chuckle in response, leaving her drink on the sink while we get ready to leave. We had to push some people to get out to the entrance.

Once we finally got to the entrance, I bumped into someone. "Fucking watch it."

Damn calm down.

"Shit sorry," I replied without looking back. Tara takes a look back and glares at me with wide eyes. "Girl, he's staring."

I roll my eyes, not daring to even glance. "And he's fucking gorgeous."

Don't look.
Don't look.
Don't look.

We stopped outside and looked around for a taxi. 

God I just want to go home.