4| Home

Rosalie PleaseI miss you

Rosalie
Please
I miss you

Zachary Grey. A man I regret.

We were a thing a few months back. It wasn't a great relationship. I date to marry, he dates to fuck.

We were fighting a lot, he said things that I can't get out of my head. I said things that shouldn't have flew out of my mouth so easily.

Things just...changed.

I can't explain it.

"Miss Reed, we're ready to land."

I smile at the flight attendant and fix my chair. Going home might be a good thing for me right now.

But it's not home.

It's New York.

I just want to go back to my childhood home. Lay in the bed that brought great comfort, not just physically but emotionally.

I just want to go home.

INTO THE TABLOIDS

"Oh my!" Jack, my favorite security guy shouted. "Is that little Ro?"

"It might be, might be a ghost!"

"Stop it. You know I'm terrified of ghosts!"

He really is.

I remember when I was around nine, I asked my mom if ghosts were real and she told me no. But, I was convinced, so I kept asking around.

When I got to Jack, he told me how afraid he was of ghosts, the thought of the unknowing terrified him. And with that, I found the perfect prank.

I used to pretend I wasn't home just to scare him with my footsteps. Then when I heard him check up the stairs, I'd hide.

He eventually found out though.

"Don't be doing your little pranks," Jack said as he opened the door, "my heart can't take it!"

I giggle at the expression on his face. "I'll try not to."

Walking into my parents house felt surreal. There was something off about it. I don't know if I'm just unfamiliar with the place or if it's something else.

"Let me show you around, your dad is in a meeting right now so we won't interrupt him." Jack explained as he grabbed my bags.

"Do they know you were coming?"
"No." I told him.
"God, you're going to get screamed at, you know that?"

I shake off his response with a laugh. He brings me to the beautiful kitchen, the cupboards were painted black with gold handles.

There stood my mom.

"Diana, you have a visitor."

"Tell them I can't see them," she softly said with her back turned to us, "I'm a little busy."

Jack coughed before trying again. "I think you want to see this one."

"God sake Jack- oh my goodness! Ro!" She shouted as she rushes me into her embrace. She holds onto my face. "Why didn't you tell us you were coming?! We could've planned something!"

"I don't want to do anything, I just want to stay with you for a while...if that's okay?"

A warm smile plastered itself on her lips. "That's always okay, you know that."
She holds onto me once more before hearing the door swing open.

Multiple footsteps echoed throughout the house. I knew my dad's footsteps like the back of my hand.

"Don't come back." I hear him say. "Don't be asking for anything."

Oop.
Someone made him mad.
Whomp whomp.

He storms into the kitchen without looking at us. It was clear that he was angry, although he didn't show it on his face.

My dad was weird in that way. You knew when he was angry or upset, but not by his facial expression. It was the body language. He always tensed his shoulders, his hands showed his open palm.

"Are you okay Felix?" My mom asked him.

"Diana, I can literally feel your smile right now, what's up-FUCK OH MY GOD!"

We all giggle at his reaction, his anger quickly evaporates from his body. "Angel, what are you doing here!?" He holds onto my arms.

"I just wanted to come home." I told him. Tears began to fill up in my eyes, I had no idea why. Nor did I understand the emotions in my body.

"What's wrong Ro?" My dad's worried eyes scan mine.

"I don't know."

I don't know.

INTO THE TABLOIDS

I lay in bed, tears still flying out of my eyes. My mom lay beside me, holding onto my hand while we watch the office.

Even though it's a new house, they brought all of my things and decorated my room the exact same. When I walked in, more tears escaped me.

"I've missed you, Ro." She whispered. "You've been doing amazing."

"It's been so exhausting. I hate it."

She sat up from her position, looking me straight in the eye. "What do you mean?"

I sniffle as I try to compose myself, holding onto the last bit of energy in me.

"The drama, the outlets, the events...every fucking thing is a show. I have everything. And I mean everything. But I'm still not happy."

I didn't expect the pressure to get to me. I never thought about how fame would ruin me. "I miss being...just me. I don't want to put on a show anymore."

My mom tightens her grip on my hand and wipes a small tear away. "I'm sorry my love, you can stay for as long as you like."

Authors note

I hope you're enjoying this so far!

Missed this <3