7| No Need

"What?"

"What?"

"You heard," he said as clear as day. "I know you who you are."

A sudden feeling of anxiety washed over me. Like a wave with a million weights. I fought back the tears that begged to be released.

"Good for you," my voice cracked as I spoke.

"It's not like I'm going to say anything, I just know who you are."

I stood silently, looking down at my feet. I thought about punching him right in the throat so he couldn't speak. But, he must be apart of some sort of mafia gang to know who I am.

But what confuses me the most is the fact that they've never seen my face before.

I could feel his glare, those eyes pierced my body and soul with the only emotion I can describe as envy.

He then slowly walked closer to me, close enough to hear a whisper.

"At least I don't hide who I am."

And with that, I lost it.

INTO THE TABLOIDS

"What were you thinking?!" My father screamed at me at the top of his lungs. Veins popped out of his head while his face was a hint of pink.

"He annoyed me," I simply told him.

"He's a fucking Don, Rosette! Don't you realize what couldn't happened!?"

I don't care who he is or what he does.

"Now he knows who you are!" My dad continued his rambling. "I'm sure everyone knows now!"

My temper composed itself inside my mind, fighting a one sided argument. "He already knew," I told my dad.

Mom, Jack and Tiago stood behind my dad, looking at me with worried eyes. At this point, I didn't think about the consequences, I didn't think about what the tabloids, I didn't care.

"Don't lie, Ro."

"He did dad," I replied, my tone roughening with every word. "He knew. So excuse me if I panicked!"

"Don't raise your voice at me."

"Don't tell me what to do. I done what I had to do, I thought I was in danger," I stated.

I got up from my chair and stormed up the stairs. Mumbled words echoed behind me as I slammed my door.

I grabbed my phone out of my bag to see a message.

No need to punch me

How'd you get my number

Why did you punch me
No need for that

What do you want