14| Walk

"Rosette, I know that has upset you but I don't think you realize the severity of this meeting," my dad tried to tell me

"Rosette, I know that has upset you but I don't think you realize the severity of this meeting," my dad tried to tell me. "It's about you."

"Cool."

My dad gave my mom a look then his eyes moved to mine. "Come in then."

"What?"

"Come in to this meeting and see how important this meeting is."

INTO THE TABLOIDS

"She fucking punched me in front of multiple people, do you think I was going to let her get away with that?" Lombardi stated.

"Who said anything about getting away with it?" I spoke back, making my dad give me a glare. "No, seriously, who the fuck said anything about that?"

"You need to shut that pretty little mouth of yours," Lombardi replied.

"Don't speak to my daughter that way."

"Oh let him speak any way he wants, he's  not getting under my skin," I told my dad.

Lombardi was furious. He tried his best not to show it, but the clear resentment couldn't contain itself.

"This is why I hate you," Lombardi began, "you started this war but don't want to finish it." His words were directed to my dad but for some odd reason, I felt as if it was directed to me.

"Oh don't get started with that," my dad sighed in frustration.

One of Lombardi's men stared me out. He gave me a strange energy in my gut. It was a familiar feeling but I don't remember when I felt it.

The room fell silent for a split second, the silence crept on up me like a thousand spiders.

"I'll see you at the ball."

Lombardi then stood from his seat and took a glance at me. His strong eyes stayed clear and straight ahead, I'm sure people are afraid of those eyes, but I will not bow to no one.

At that moment, I wondered why he hated us so much. What did we do to make him so bitter?

I wanted to ask my dad, however I knew I couldn't. He wouldn't answer. He's already mad at me, I can't make him even more mad.

I watched Lombardi leave and tried to go to my room. "Ro, tell me what the fuck is happening," my dad demands.

"Look at the computer."

I need to get out of here. I can't leave from the front door, they'll stop me. They don't want me going out alone but I have to. I need to be alone, feeling fresh air on my skin.

I need to go for a walk.

INTO THE TABLOIDS

I open the sliding window in my room and fit myself through the opening. I don't know my way around New York but fuck it.

I'd rather get lost than be stuck in the house.

I pulled my hood up and climb down the ever growing vines on the wall. Finally, I was on the ground. I sprinted to a bush and stayed there, looking in at the kitchen.

My mom and dad had their hands on their mouths, it was evident that they were listening to the recording.

A sense of guilt settled into my stomach, I felt horrible for just leaving without saying a thing. However, I sticked to my plan and climbed the wall behind me.

That's when I texted my mom.

Mom🫶🏼

I'm going for a walk
Love you loads <3

I walked down the creepy alleyway and finally found myself on a Main Street. I pulled the strings so that my hood tightened.

I wore sunglasses too....don't blame me.

My feet overtook me, I didn't know where I was going and I didn't care.

I say that a lot these days. That I don't care.

But in reality, I care too much. I pretend like I don't, but that's all I think about when I try to sleep at night.

I stopped at the edge of a street and stood. My legs tingled under me, I checked the time to see if was walking for an hour.

I was about to walk again before I was pulled down the road and into an alleyway.

My eyes darted to his.

Zach.

"What the fuck Zach!"

"Shhhhhhh."

"Don't shush me! What the fu-"

Third person point of view

Her body became fragile and dropped to the floor, hitting her head off the concrete.

Her eyes were slowly closing, catching Zach glare at her with lust. However, her last sight was of another figure, a taller figure.

Then her eyes closed.