19| Play Dumb

Noa and I decided to sit outside for a while, she took out a cigarette and began to smoke

"So, what's up with you? You coming back to LA or what?" She asked as she took another drag.

"I don't know yet," I told her, "I'm just...living at the moment."

She looked at me and tapped the ash off her cigarette. She then put the cigarette out and stood up. "I'm going to get another drink, do you want one?"

"Yeah please," I replied with a soft smile.

She handed me the box of cigarettes and her lighter. She literally could've waited until her cigarette was done but noooo she just had to go and get another drink.

Once she left, two men took a seat. I looked up to see Dan and Zach.

"The fuck?"

"What did you do to his hand?" Dan asked me, mocking my facial expression of confusion.

"I didn't do a thing," I replied.

"I was awake when he did it, and I know he doesn't like you so why did he do it?" Zach taunted me.

"Who's he?"

My fake innocence made their fragile egos envious, it was clear in their eyes. But I wasn't afraid, there is people surrounding me, they can't do a thing about it.

"Oh please," Dan chuckled, "you don't want me to remind you of what happens when you play dumb?"

Shit.

I felt those eyes on me again. But this time, those eyes came and sat down.

"Hello!" The man's voice sounded completely faked. "Who do we have here, Miss Silva?"

Who the fuck are you?

"Dan and Zach?" My voice laced with confusion.

"Ahhhh!" The man happily sighed. "Nice to meet you two, I hope you're not trying to bother my friend here, are you?"

Who the fuck is this!?

"Tell me, why did you do it?" Dan completely ignored the man.

"I didn't do anything."

The man's voice slowly turned coarse as the seconds went by. "I think it's time for you to leave," he said, moving closer to Zach and Dan.

For the first time, I could see a hint of fear in Dan's eyes. As if he knew who the guy was and what he was doing. Dan tapped on Zach's arm and they both stood up at the same time.

"This is your final warning, I will get you," Dan said through his teeth.

"Yada yada yada, fuck off," the man said. We watched as they disappeared into the hall once again.