37| Jet

I didn't say a word to Lombardi

I didn't say a word to Lombardi. I just walked into the house and went straight to my workspace.

My new line will be out in a week and a half. I've sent a lot of the sketches and rough creations of the designs.

Luckily, due to the fact that it's only two new pieces, we don't have to move the deadline.

As I sit in the office, my phone pings and pings.

It was Noa, trying to FaceTime me.

What's wrong now???

"Hey!" I answered. A soft little smile rested on Noa's lips.

"Girl, I just got the photoshoot back, you're a fucking genius!" Her soft voice echoed over the phone.

"Aren't they beautiful!" I smiled back at her. "My shoot wasn't like that, sadly... but that's 'cause I only took four photos."

Noa is the peacemaker. It's like she knows there's been an argument. She just knows how to make you pick up a little.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, I was speaking to your hairstylist, Charlotte."

For some reason, a sense of worry invited itself in my system. My heart began to flutter, my hands became shaky and sweaty.

"She was telling me that she thinks she has a stalker," Noa's eyes widened over the phone. "Said she keeps seeing this person everywhere she goes. I was hoping she'd tell you and you could help with the protection stuff?"

"She hasn't told me yet," I replied. "I haven't been speaking to her...but I'll call her right after."

"Isn't she going to Paris with you?"

She is going to Paris with me. Not just to do my hair but I found out her birthday is soon...and so I planned a little thing for her.

"Yeah, are you going?"

Noa gasped all of a sudden, as if she had something to tell me. "ROSE! MY GOD!" She screamed over the phone. "Let me show you something!"

She took the phone and switched the camera. She then showed me her foot.

"Ew, why do you think I like feet?"

"Oh shit sorry, wrong foot..." she then moved to her left foot. It was completely covered in bandages, little smudges of blood covered the white bandage.

"Fuck! What happened?"

She turned the phone back to her and laughed in annoyance. "Tara, is what happened!"

What?

"I was seeing her when all of that Dan stuff happened and I said something wrong, she got angry and started throwing shit everywhere!"

What. The. Fuck.

"She threw like a little container of stationary shit down and the scissors went straight into my foot."

"No seriously, what the actual fuck!" My voice rose as I spoke. "We're arguing right now Noa, I really don't know what to do."

Noa laughed in annoyance once again. "Is she telling you you weren't there for her too?"

"She said it to you too?"

"That's how the foot situation happened. I told her that I also have things going on and can't always be there for her," Noa shook her head and sighed quietly. It was clear to me that it hurt her just as much as it hurt me.

"I tried to be there, I really did. But my mom got a little sick and I had to be there for her," Noa's rant continued. "I feel bad, I really do, but I'm not apologizing for being there for my family."

INTO THE TABLOIDS

~2 days later~

Lombardi sat beside me and glared right into my eyes.
He's been sitting at the front of the jet whilst I sit at the back this entire time.

"You didn't get a ring?" He asked in a soft tone.

"I couldn't find a nice one," I replied.

He nodded his head and got comfortable in the seat, leaning back and relaxing his shoulders. He took a small box out of his pocket and opened it.

I looked into his eyes, butterflies danced in my stomach. Then I looked down to the ring.

And damn, I can't lie...it was fucking beautiful.

"You've got good taste," I mumbled.

"Yeah, I know."

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to the window once again. However, he grabbed onto my hand and placed the ring on my finger.

His hands were somewhat rough, but gentle. He kept his thumb on my ring finger for a split second before letting go. "Suits you, doesn't it?"

I couldn't describe the feeling I got from him. His softness scared me, his danger settled me.

Her eyes stayed on me

All I wanted to do is grab her face and kiss her so passionately that we both lose our breath.

But I couldn't.

"It's really beautiful," her voice lingered in the air.

"It had to match you," I teased her with a smirk on my face. She rolled her eyes and turned her attention to the window again.

Kenneth caught my attention by waving his hand. I excused myself and made my way to him. "What's wrong now?"

"Tiago Cruz is in Paris."

Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me.