Episode LVII~ And she caves in

Nothing was ideal in this nuptial.

In the eye of populace, he was caring, considerate and affectionate.

Behind the closed doors, he was a stranger who couldn't be bothered by the presence of a woman who shared the same room with him.

She became a wallflower in the most important relationship of her life.

At first, Vasundhara was mellow and paid no heed because the discomfiture bordered by vexation from the first night remained fresh in her mind. It only strengthened her hostility towards him. But once it subsided, immense loneliness and worries coated her conscience. Will she pass her entire life trapped in such a scenario?

Even when they stood together, with his arm casually wrapped around her waist, it felt like there was a thick wall between them- one she could never penetrate with the fear of what she might find beyond. She scarcely shied from admitting how scary she found her husband. The charming and dominant persona he wears during the day to rope in clueless men to conquer any business agendas and maintain the royal image is fraudulent. It all strips away in the evening when he prowls the corridors of his darkness, dangerously drunk in pride, pulling away from everything that comes with strings and has the tendency to keep him rooted. He had this assumption that everybody was out to steal something precious from him, so he ended up closing the doors and floundering in the privacy of madness, swallowing the pain that bleeds from his heart.

It took a lot of time, but Vasundhara understood him. He broke all the rules, defied his father, ignored his brother, and treated people like pests. But at the end of the day, he warned them against any harm waiting at the doorstep.

Raghuveer was both- the ruthless patriarch and protective pharaoh.

Tired of getting continuously ignored and kept at hand length, Vasundhara tried to coax him many times. She would initiate chatters and put efforts to coddle him, only to receive insults in return. Had he been not her husband and some other man, she'd gutted him alive. He was always ready to bite back on the smallest matters and this led to more distance.

When the egoistic bastard kept pushing her away, she stopped pursuing him and instead busied herself with other things. She became a socialite and started following the footsteps of her husband.

Vasundhara often remained away from the Rana Fort and travelled the world, anything to keep her occupied from falling into depression. She attended galas and lavish parties alone, no longer going out with Raghuveer and chose to get drunk till she forgot her name. She no longer lived as the girl full of dreams but a hollow vessel, who did everything to keep the flood of emotions submerged.

His coming home smelling of cheap perfume, threw her more on the road to corruption.

It broke her heart to the point she didn't bother crying and only rolled her eyes. Sometimes at night, she missed her old self, the one she was before meeting this devilish man. She badly wanted to go home and weep in the arms of her father, but the self-pity only ignited the self-hatred for eagerly jumping into wedlock. The wide landscape of the Royals didn't hold a single corner of assurance and love. Wherever she went, she took the pain of hopelessness.