Episode LXXIX~ Glory Wings of Valor

He bellowed his hysteria to the moon.

The moon was devoured by darkness to half, pulling a cloak of shadows and depriving the world of light. An eclipse coursed through the night, diminishing the thick veil between living and dead into a mere flap.

The golden in his eyes turned rancorous rubicund as they bore into the silver ball with boundless heartache.

He was terrified of the possibility of existing alone in a world where she no longer lives. A world that reduced a gentle girl to a cold body. And he was a cold body away from ripping the world apart with his bare hands. Surprisingly, that didn't terrify him.

Putting her head on his shoulder, he sobbed. Tears fell from the inner corners of his hypnotic eyes. The light in them shimmers and bleeds into a salty stream of longing and trepidation. Still, she remained unmoved. His pain didn't thrill her, and his yowls went to deaf ears. The beast felt trapped in a void where his call didn't bring desired effect. Clutching her hair in his claws, he looked at the tear lines on her cheeks and quaked with bottomless snivels.

Had she called for him when she was in pain or when her life slowly drained?

And he wasn't there.

He violated his vow to protect her and look how they broke her.

His knees scrape the forest floor as his body slowly melts into human form. A grief so heavy shattered his will to continue that he saw no reason in conquering the world. She was gone. Her blood bathed his torso and his thighs as it dripped slowly, losing its previous vigour. Like ink the monstrosity of his features liquefied on the forest floor before disappearing into thin air. Once the flicker of humanity appeared, the asphyxiating atmosphere breathed in relief for escaping the beast's ire.

When the conscience of man arose, it was greeted by a dreadful silence. The unmoving body of his wife was caged in the iron of his arms. It took him a whole minute to comprehend the situation and shocked cries escalated from his chest.

"Gauri... Gauri..."

Yagya called her name as his hold turned constricting, until his nails dug into her flesh.

"Open your eyes, damn it." He commanded as he patted her cheek and checked for her pulse.

There was none.

"Fuck!" He bellowed at her condition and immediately lay her on the ground. Tearing the end of her sari, he wraps them around the open slits of her wrists with trembling fingers. His rational mind took charge of where the beast gave up.

"Okay. Okay, I've got this." He chanted like a broken record as he gave her CPR and breathed air in her mouth. Her body was cold as if it had been pulled out of a freezer but her blood was warm. The purple-green veins beneath her skin were showing and corresponded boundaries segregating countries on a map. Chilled sweat was coating her skin in a thin layer and she shook when he pushed his palms on her chest rhythmically before blowing air in her mouth. Tears were flowing unashamedly from his eyes.