✪𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔✪

✪✪✪

✪✪✪

A curly mess of blonde hair peeks around a corner, watching an unsuspecting Max walk home from a long day at school. He walks with a pep in his step as he thinks about the mischief he caused today. Nothing too out of the ordinary happened except a couple of pranks Max pulled. It wouldn't be an ordinary day at school if Max didn't upload a bunch of embarrassing pictures of the principal.

She'd been unknowingly watching him since freshman year. Jean Scott, in no way, shape, or form, had a crush on the brunette guy. Sure, he was good-looking, funny, and completely her type, but she wouldn't date him if the world were ending. Hell, she'd date his twin sister before she dated him. Jean had found out that said twin sister puts glitter on her homework. Jean despises glitter with every atom in her body.

The blonde girl huffed as she tried to stay a safe distance away from him but also not let him out of her sight for a second. Yes, she had the ability to turn invisible and just walk right next to him, but it only lasted for 5 minutes. That's why the green-eyed girl couldn't wait to enter her twenties. Because as soon as she becomes an adult, she'll be able to stay invisible for as long as she wants.

Every corner he turned, she turned a minute later. Every road he crossed, she crossed. And it had been like that for the last 25 or so minutes, and no matter what, Jean was not gonna let this boy out of her sight.

As she was so caught up in her thoughts, she hadn't noticed a rock in the middle of her pathway. When she brought her right leg forward, the front of her shoe got caught on the rock, and she stumbled. Before she could hit the ground and embarrass herself further, she'd regained her footing, held her arms out on her sides, and held her breath to stay balanced. She'd stood up completely straight and kept herself as still as possible so she wouldn't make any more noise and alert the Thunderman in front of her.

Jean picked up on his next move quickly and slipped around a corner and hid before he could see her. Max, hearing the commotion a few feet behind him, had whipped his head around to find the source. But, releasing an anxious breath, he saw nothing but a rock on the ground. He recognized it as the one he'd kicked earlier out of pure boredom.

Shrugging, he turned back around and began his trek back home while whistling a tune. As she heard his footsteps retreating and his whistling grow quieter, she assumed he was leaving and cautiously poked her head around the corner she was hiding behind, blondie locks falling over her shoulders as she did so, and checked. Fortunately for her, the boy had his back turned to her and was walking home a little faster than before.

Since she lived in his neighborhood, she knew all the shortcuts and paths you can take to get home quicker, so as Max kept straight down a sidewalk towards a large gray modern house toward the end of the block, she darted to her left and cut through a neat lawn. She ran by the side of a white house and to the backyard. She swiftly climbed over a fence and sprinted across the backyard.

After about eight or nine houses, white picket fences and backyards later, she reached the gray house she'd seen earlier. Before she went any further, she looked over her shoulder to make sure no one was there, and with a snap of her fingers, the girl had vanished. The reason she'd turned invisible is so that if any of the family members got back, she wouldn't be caught trying to break in. She hadn't even known about the security system that would alert the Thundermans of her presence. But she got lucky like that a lot.

To a non-supe, it was like the girl was never there. Like she hadn't even existed in the first place. To a superhero or villain, there was a thin, glowing, red outline of a body. But you only saw it if you concentrated on it. To a non-supe, she was completely silent. To a hero or villain, her footsteps were light and barely there, but still loud enough to alert them if she tried to sneak past them.

Sprinting to the bright red front door, she dropped to her knees and pulled her backpack off of her shoulders in the process. She dug through her black bag and pulled out a lock pick. Speedily, the blonde stuck the tool in the doorknob and began twisting and turning until she heard a click noise. She smirked at her success and shoved the tool back in her bag. She stumbled through the door, closed and locked it shut behind herself. Growing anxious, she thought about everything she'd just done in the past 30 minutes. Her body pulsing alerted her that the invisibility was wearing off, as she stood there back in her solid form.

"That was too easy," she thought.

"There's no way the ThunderMan doesn't have any security systems," she thought aloud. "This is what you get for underestimating Hiddenville," she smirked at the superhero's naivety.

Glancing to her left, she saw a family portrait. All of the Thundermans stood in what seemed to be a park, all dressed up in red and black clothing. She looked around the room again, and her eyes landed on some weird penguin sculpture she'd noticed earlier.

✪✪✪

✪✪✪

✪✪✪