𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Inspired by the short on Netflix "The Swan" by Wes Anderson. Seriously bro you gotta watch it shit's wild 😨 anyways-

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The breeze of the evening flew past you, moving your hair delicately. A smile etched on your lips as you put your cigarette to it. It illuminated a satisfying gray smoke, heading upward to the skies. The crunch of your footsteps was the only sound as you walked side to side of the train tracks, the very place you worked morning afternoon and night.

Y/n worked as a welder, repairing and making sure the tracks were in order so passing trains could have no problems. She was 21 and moved to Louisiana in hopes of pursuing a better job for herself. Although, you get homesick every now and then, they had good pay and you eventually fell in love with cities and all the wonderful music and food. 

Overall, it was pure bliss. You blew out another breath as more smoke came out the cigar. However, your peaceful moment was about to be ruined.

'Would you look at that? It's N/N~'

Your eyebrows furrowed as your smile quickly fell into a frown. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘰...

You flicked your cigar onto the dirt and turned around to face the two men. Jackie, a man with dark brown hair and black eyes looked straight at you with a smirk on his face. He wore a white button down shirt, suspenders, black pants with boots. Ray, his best friend, had blond fluffy hair with blue eyes and wore a white shirt with blue overalls and black boots. He had his arms crossed with a tiny smile on his face. 

"Hello Jackie. Ray. You know only my friends call me that." you said, the frown never leaving your face.

"Aww~ but are we not your friends N/N~?" Jackie teased you further walking closer and leaning in towards your face. You heard Ray coming too, his footsteps heard behind you. 

"You know damn well you're not." you growled. Jackie made a pouting face while Ray clicked his tongue. "It's a shame really. We even had a surprise for you." he said tilting his head. 

Let's just say you were beyond pissed with these douchebags. Ever since you were a little kid, they teased you and bullied you for whatever really. It was just so annoying and rude. But thankfully, when you were older, you moved and got a new job far away from them. But guess what? 

They never got away from you.

You found out you have to work alongside many random people but still with 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮. It made you so frustrated. Can't God give you a break?

"I don't wanna know. Goodbye." you said, turning on your heel to leave, but Jackie gripped your shoulder. 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘥.

"Woah woah! Where do you think you're going? You're not getting out of this..." he exclaimed his smirk growing wider.

While you were distracted glaring daggers into Jackie's eyes, Ray sneaked his hand into your pocket and snatched a small sack, containing all your week's pay.

"What the-?! Hey!! Give that back!!" you yelled as Ray tossed the sack to Jackie. He raised it high above his head and out of your reach. You jumped up to try and get it, but to no avail. 

Jackie laughed while Ray snicked behind his hand. Jackie leaned down closer to your face again said "Sorry sweetie, you're not getting this back."

"Fuck you." you muttered narrowing your eyes at him. He chuckled and swayed the sack back and forth, making a little jingle sound. You reached your hand out in an attempt to grab it again, but he quickly put it higher. He grinned as you yelled and yelled, "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

He laughed again along with Ray too as your blood started to boil. This is so unfair, why is this happening? 

They can't do this to you. They 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 do this to you.

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!"

𝘚𝘭𝘢𝘱.

Was the crackling sound as the back side of your palm made contact with his left cheek. 

The sac made a little jingle as it fell on the ground. Jackie stood absolutely still, a red hand mark on his cheek and a look of shock on his face. Ray stared at you, shock also evident on his facial features.

The only sound heard now was your heavy breathing. 

Jack closed his mouth, his lips forming a straight line as his eyebrows furrowed. He put his hand on his cheek, rubbing the spot where you slapped him. He stood straight and stared at you, his eyes never leaving yours. 

"Ray, you still got that rope on you?" he mutters.

"Yeah?"

His eyebrows furrowed even more. "Tie her up."

➽──────────────❥

Your cries were muffled thanks to the black duct tape on your mouth. "Hold still." Ray grinned as he pulled on the ropes around your body making you wince. The blond ran away from the tracks and stood next to his best friend. You glanced to the right and saw Jackie with a cigarette between his fingers and a wide grin on his face. Ray was looking forward. 

A bead of sweat ran down your temple as you also looked forward. The night was very dark so you couldn't see much. You struggled and struggled under the ropes. The only thing you could move was your head and your feet. You tried to yell out to them, but it was no use.

Then there came a sound. Distant first, but soon you could hear it from miles away.

𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨.

It grew louder.

𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨.

And louder.

𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨.

Your eyes widened as a bright white light was seen ahead and it was slowly coming closer. Dangerously closer. 

You moved your body all over, desperately trying to get free. 

The train whistle blew loud and clear screaming at you, 𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺! but you couldn't.

No.

𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨.

This can't be happening.

The train whistle blew even louder as the light was getting brighter than ever before.

𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘨.

You closed your eyes slowly. 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 you thought. The last thing you heard was another train whistle ringing in your ears.

Then everything went black.