𝟬𝟬𝟭. Sae's Shenanagins

You take it back, this is beyond a long life. At this rate, you were on a one-man journey. To discipline your brother.

He was a damn brat. Wasn't he only 4 years old? Here was the deal. Every morning you woke up he was staring. He was just beside your bed and then he'd snort and stick his small tongue out at you before running off. Now, you didn't hate Sae per say, he was just acting like the most confusing piece of shit you have ever met. Not like you ever said that out loud of course.

That was when the real problem started..he'd start copying you. You hopped one time? he was hopping along with you. You're in the kitchen at 5 AM getting a small snack? The little devil was behind you getting one too ready to scare the living shit out of you. Did you call someone annoying Lukewarm? Suddenly he sent one of his classmates crying because he called them lukewarm too.

Complaining to your mother? Futile. She shrugged it off as Sae wanting to become like his older sister.

And finally..the icebreaker.. SOCCER. You weren't obsessed with the sport per say, let's just say you had a really knack of talent for it. It was a Sunday morning and lucky enough you were on a small break from school. For your last birthday you were given a Soccer ball amongst many of the other expensive gifts. So why not put it to use?

Bouncing the ball on your back foot before putting it high enough to land right on your head, you attempted to balance it. Sticking your tongue out, you were too focused on the small ball on your head to realize your younger brother was staring at you from inside the house.

His small teal eyes trained to the window beside him, eyes made way to your figure. You were his older sister but it's not like you both hated each other. It was more of an anti-social crisis, little Sae thought you were so cool nonetheless. Homework help? you had worked through the problem with him. Cooking? when your parents weren't home you'd make him breakfast and even iron his clothes out for school.

You acted like this almost as if it was practiced religiously throughout your life. Oblivious to the fact his dear sister was in fact, wiser and older than he initially thought. "Sae! aren't you going to finish your breakfast?" His mother asked. She noted that her youngest child always seemed to follow after you like a lost duckling. Chuckling at the thought she turned around to face him.

"Okaasan..what is she doing?" He pointed out of the window, but never turned to face his mother. Instead he was focused solely on you. "ah! [n/n] has been trying out soccer recently. Do you want to try Sae?" Immediately the younger Itoshi snapped his head towards his mother and nodded. "alright, but finish your breakfast first". With newfound diligence, he focused on the food on his plate.

"nee-san." A small but steady voice called out to you, breaking you effectively out of the trance. Along with the ball you stopped as well to only see your younger brother looking at you. "oh. Sae what are you doing out here? Did mom call me for something?" He looked at the ball before looking back at you, eyes rivaling one another he then spoke. "Let me play with you."

.

.

.

"huh?" You blinked out of surprise before letting his words sink in. He stared at you with expect eyes. ah. He was serious about this wasn't he? "alright." you relented before a psychotic grin decorated your face. Your eyes swirled with madness but still held a certain calm before the storm to them. "Only if you think you can keep up, Sae."

Little Sae felt scared yet excited for the very first time. Even if it was for the detached look his sister wore so be it, for once he felt like he needed to really try. And so, the match began.

How many goals has It been? 6? 17? He couldn't tell. Using his small stature, he slipped past you with the ball almost near the other end of the field. He was so close..he could win..!

"hm, what's this?."

Where did the ball go? Turning around he saw you running off with it in the distance. He didn't even see you come in and take it from him. Reeling your leg back in you took the shot with lidded eyes spiralling with madness. The ball flew from one side of the field to the net, once it collided you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding in. A dangerous aura surrounded you, and in that moment you stood alone in the field. Sae decided from that moment forward, he wanted to stand beside you proudly in that moment, no. He wanted to surpass you.

That, was his new resolve, his goal. And lastly, his EGO.

                                                                                 ITOSHI OMAKE

The woman sweatdropped at the two children in front of her. "Why are you both so..dirty?" You both looked like you came out of a gang fight to be precise. "it was onee-chan's fault." he pointed at you suddenly with urgency.

"WHAT??" "she made me work my butt off okaasan." "mom don't listen to this kid, he gave me a run for my money"

He stuck his tongue out at you, "nuh-uh" A tick mark appeared on the side of your head. "hah? whatdya mean "nuh-uh" You took his face and squished it together, making his lips look like a puckerfish. Stretching his cheeks out you both looked absolutely livid. Your mom let out a tired sigh before getting up from her chair and walking to her bedroom. "I'm gonna go call with your aunt, [name] make sure you and Sae take a bath" she called out

Not noticing she was gone you two still continued to bicker, "Now listen here BRAT" "I'm telling okaasan you called me that!" "you're the one who basically BEGGED to join me with your lukewarm soccer." "you're the lukewarm one picking on a 4-year-old, aren't you 9?" "Well aren't you smart"

"of course, I am dear lukewarm sister"

"Repeat that again and you're going to be making your own breakfast."