𝟬𝟬𝟯. Bedtime Journey's

You weren't sure what happened, one second you were peacefully asleep and the next you were being woken up against your own will with constant shaking and a pillow with such little willpower attempting to suffocate you. There had to be only one culprit to this treacherousness. Sae.

It was 3 minutes since he came into your room and 'he's still here', you note to yourself. Grumbling and sneering at the younger Itoshi on top of you, you finally complied with his wishes with a small subtle glare. "Is there a reason.." you took a sigh "that you've woken me up at like 4 AM?" You stared at the small round teal eyes staring right back at you searching for a reason. "..There's.." He dragged on the rest of his sentence in a small tone. "there's sounds coming from downstairs." he relented.

This wasn't really a surprise, considering how sometimes Sae would watch you sleep just so he could get an uprising out of you, it was a given at some point in his childhood he would encounter some "monsters." The only difference is that your parents never had to deal with this because you were mentally old enough to know no monsters were under your bed ready to tickle your toes and gobble your boogers.

"Whatever it is..it's not there. Sae." you figured that if you told him, he would come to the answer soon right? He was a small kid so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. "and go back to sleep, mom said you have to enroll in school soon-" "no." "sae.." he batted his small eyelashes at you, perhaps trying to sway you with his charm. nonetheless, it wasn't gonna work for you. "I'm not gonna go until you walk me there." an eyebrow irked at this newfound information. Just how spoiled could this kid get? "fine..now get off me. For someone so small you're crushing me" Gently pushing the boy off your lap you got out of the comfort of your bed, pulling the comforter off with slight hesitance.

Sae followed suit after watching you get yourself together; holding out his hand for you expectantly. You relented with another sigh. With how much this family had allowed you to sigh this year, you wouldn't be below believing that you already had white hairs coming your way. Grabbing the smaller eyelash boy's hand you both walked off into the night of the hallway. He inched closer to you the more in view his room came, were your hallways always this long..? Nah, must be your playful imagination at work again. That growling must also have been your imagination..

...

growling?..

"nee-san..." sae looked up at you with unknown emotion in his eyes. With a mind devoid of thoughts that scrambled away in fear you turned to your younger sibling. "Sae. Just keep walking. Whatever it is, it isn't real." You squeezed his hand in discomfort while dragging him along a lot more quickly than your initial set pace. Perhaps you were trying to convince yourself that it wasn't real. But your mind couldn't help but spiral into madness once again in your attempt to comfort yourself.

You died, and reincarnated- you don't even know if this world is real, and hell! you don't even know if this universe is completely normal. Just the other day you encountered some weird-looking people, and you're sure that the Japan you were born in; realistically speaking certainly does NOT have people born with odd eye and hair colors. Had someone been graced with such a thing in your old word, they would've put you in a damn lab thinking you were the product of some parthenogenesis or meta bioengineering..something along the lines.

By the time you both reached the end of the hallway, you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding in. Letting go of the smaller Itoshi's hand you turned to look at him once again, "Sae we're here." you whispered quietly in an attempt not to wake the other people in the house. He squeezed your hand, and just as you were about to reach for the door handle, that's when you heard it.

creak

"k..d-s..."

it sounded like a distorted voice down the hallway. And it seemed as if you weren't the only one who heard it since your little brother stopped all his movements as well, "sae..on the count of 3 we run into the room" From the corner of your eye you watched as the tall figure came closer. Slowly opening the door you both inched closer to the door. "one.."

He got into position

"two.."

It opened with little to no trouble thankfully.

In the part where you were supposed to say 3, Sae had already rushed into the room ahead of you. You took one last look behind you before rushing in as well and locking the door. Sliding down the wall you instructed Sae to drag a chair over in order to barricade you two in.

You were in for a long night..

                                                                               ITOSHI OMAKE

The same morning, your father had come downstairs to the smell of his wife making breakfast. Entering the kitchen, he gave his wife a small kiss on the cheek, "morning dear.."

That was..weird..? Normally one of her kids would be the first ones down and considering it was 11AM, she didn't know if it was to be a good sign or not. She watched from the corner of her eye as her oh-so-lovely husband sat down at the island table to pour himself out some cereal looking stressed. "Ryu..what happened??" She gave him a questioning gaze noticing the sigh he let out.

"last night..I was working on the new tiles and when I came back upstairs.." he was on the verge of tears..the poor man. Ryu buried his face in his palms. "the-" his voice broke down into a sniffle. The woman came from the other side of the kitchen to gently pat his back, trying her best to give him at least some comfort. "they..ran off thinking I was a..creature(?)" he said almost as if he was questioning himself.

Your mother let out small fits of giggles, it can't have been that bad dear.."

"kids!" time to get up!" the woman climbed the stairs with the intention of waking up her two children for breakfast. "[Name]..?"she called. That's strange, normally if she called you'd pop right up. Making her way she decided to check the younger son's bedroom in hopes she'd be able to find at least one of you, only to be stopped in her tracks when she spotted yet another unfamiliar sight for this weekend.

"oh my.." she spotted you, but what she didn't expect was to find sae snuggled up against you. This was..a one in a life chance! she quietly but quickly took out her phone that once nested from the small pocket in her apron. "how cute.." she cooed and she took a photo. "I should have this framed.." she said as she quickly ran back out before closing the door gently