𝟬𝟬𝟲. New Years

It was December 31st, soon to be the marking of the new year, and you were late. Originally, you were planning your trip back to Japan a week before the actual date, but your interview back in New York and a last minute press conference kept you back.

When you really thought about it, life in this new world was like back when you were back in your old world, just less depressing. Everything felt more vibrant - it was more vibrant. You felt as if you were alive, and despite the old geezers who are in charge of your management trying to pressure you, it wasn't anything that was beyond your control.

Speaking of which, you were on your way off the flight to meet up with Sae. The brat just so happened to have meetings and such as well, so both of you were equally late. You suppose you could've taken a private jet but where was the fun in that?

You were filthy rich now for sure, but the little cheapstake you were in your past life still lives rather lively in your heart.

Opening your phone, you noticed it was at least 9AM. The airport was still crowded but not as bad. Good for you though, some of your fans were crazy enough to know your schedule when it accidentally got leaked.

Crazy enough, they probably know you're in Japan right now if the new trending posts have anything to tell you. Pulling up your mask and adjusting your hat, you looked around in haste trying to see if you could spot the creature called "sae" anywhere in your proximity.

"[name]-san, please wait for a minute!" Yelled out a voice from behind you.

Holy Fuck.

you forgot you brought your manager with you again. Wait, was that even ok? You sounded like a parent that forgot their kid now you're thinking about it.

"yua-san is there something we missed?" You questionably turned around fully to see the woman before you. Breathing in and out quite dramatically may you add, she finally spoke "it's-" she breathes in again to fully compose herself.

"didn't Mr Itoshi say he would be arriving 5 hours after us? Besides we didn't come here for whatever you're waiting on!" The blonde woman opened up her phone reciting the schedule to you, again.

"first we settle into a hotel, after we immediately get lunch on our way to the photoshoot.."

you rolled your eyes with a sigh as she went on and on and — did she ever stop scolding you for a second? Continuing your ignorance, you finally spotted a head of reddish brown rustled hair. And just to your luck, that head of hair was making its way towards you.

"nee-san," he addressed you in such a respectful tone you would've thought it wasn't him if he didn't have such a blank look. Although he looked more tolerable than usual. Sae somehow managed to grow taller than you in the years of living together, so out of his soft spot for you he tends to crane his neck down just a bit when seeing you.

You pat his head and watched him lean into your touch just a bit before pulling away. He was never one for PDA after all. Sae quotes that it's only okay when he initaites it apparently.

"Sae, what did I tell you about fixing your disguise in public?" you fixed his mask properly on his face before giving him a light smack. "Your disguise is equally as bad, mostly worse."

"I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth. Damn brat." You breathed out. "Whatever" he turned his attention away from you to observe the woman behind you.

The same manager that was still ranting about your schedule.

Following sae's eyes, you ended up looking behind you to see your manager still reading out what's in store. "Her. Right. Ignore her, it's my off day." Everything she was saying was due until another 3 weeks of staying in Japan anyways.

"Oh. Okay." He nodded along before grabbing one of your bags for you. "Let's go, the uber is coming soon." You adjusted the strap of your backpack before walking along side him. "Also sae I've been meaning to ask.." where is your manager?"

"I left him behind" he replied quickly before speed walking off to the exit.

The youngest Itoshi had gotten a text that same day, stating his two beloved older siblings were finally coming home. Though he could only say he was a tad bit excited for one, both of you were insufferable in your own right.

Sae was blunt and calculative while you were just plain manipulative and blunt. Saying just anything that comes out of your mouth unfortunately runs in the Itoshi family, something the youngest had almost always been on the receiving end of.

Rin stared at his phone before getting ready to pack up. A family reunion was in place, and he was more than ready to get it over with. Taking up his book and bag, he left money on the table and left the cafe.

you mentioned everyone would be meeting back up at home since your parents had finally found time off from their business trip to stay and visit, so with that he set a destination called home in mind. Ready to finally face his elder siblings.

ITOSHI OMAKE

Two males sat across from the young Itoshi, watching as he stared, no, he was definitely glaring at his phone after he received a notification. Stating it was from family.

Another friend of theirs was sitting directly next to the Itoshi, seemingly unaware of what was happening. "d'ya think super beamed lasers will come out of his eyes?" The boy with short black hair and yellow under lights asked. The male beside him with dark blue hair sweater profoundly at the revelation before him. "Bachira..don't be too loud now." He chuckled nervously.

He swears he could see rin gripping his phone in anger. It just HAD to be anger. Was he going to kill somebody? The boy decided he wouldn't want to find out.

Bachira being ignorant, decided to ignore the warning look however, in favor of asking the silent giant in front of him.

"Nagi! What's rinrin looking at?" The white haired boy looked up from his bangs before looking back down at his phone. Glancing over at Rin's device briefly before returning to his games.

"[n/n].." he said softly. But vocal enough for them to hear.

"oh! Isn't [name]-san rin and sae's older sister?" Isagi thoughtfully placed his hand on his chin before responding "The girl at the U20 game right?"

Immediately after responding, rin shot up and a packed up his stuff while quickly finding money out of his wallet, smashing the money and extra change on the table.

"keep it"

he said before walking out of the cafe.

silence engulfed the table for a bit before one spoke up again. "I hope I get to see [n/n] again.." nagi muttered before laying his head in the table.

Happy new years bookie <33 my dislocated shoulder and physically therapy going well for me! 2024 is gonna be the year I try my hardest to work harder so LEASGOOO!! Love you all and thank you all for reading and supporting me 🫶🏿🫶🏿🗣️‼️‼️