𝟬𝟬𝟱. Puppy Crush

This was it. He'd finally do it..it's been a year since he'd developed a crush on the school star. Itoshi [Name].

You were a quiet girl, but that was a part of your charm that everyone loved about you. Like anyone else, crushes were normal around this age. It was small and innocent, school girls talking about who they would marry and boys ranking who was cuter. Nothing out of the ordinary for the boy.

His name was Yuki Kiyoshi by the way, and this poor soul was planning on finally confessing his love to you this week.

There was one smaaall itsy bitsy problem though. The guard dogs. You were admired around the school sure, but nobody really had the guts to talk to you when your best friend Aoi Kagami was always hanging off your shoulder. You were a small quiet child who didn't find the means to interact unless necessary. Kagami was often seen with you 24/7 but because of her imposing stature, some couldn't find it within themselves to confess no matter how bubbly nor innocent the girl was.

Not to mention you were the type of person to give only short responses, any conversation that was held with you ended with an uncomfortable silence in return.

That was just your first guard dog though, the second one was a 4-year-old. Now, this would sound cowardly coming from a 10-year-old boy. But Kiyoshi swore something about that kid wasn't normal. How'd he know about this child? he's not a stalker since he finds those scary. He just so happened to be on his merry-go-way home and stumbled on you picking up a child from a neighboring school for smaller kids.

You looked ethereal with a smile on your face, the sunset complimented your features perfectly. But what really caught his eye was the small boy with the Itoshi family's trademark eyelashes and reddish brown hair. He looked like you a bit, just more gloomy and reddish brown hair. What he noticed was that your bangs were up and tied into a style that complimented you perfectly while the small boy had his hand locked in with yours while eating a blue popsicle; had his bangs down. It was noticeable if you paid attention, were all Itoshi's destined to be majestic beings or something?

Nevermind that. That wasn't the problem right now. The issue was that the younger Itoshi glared at anything and everything in sight that wasn't you. It was like a mini chihuahua protecting its owner, and the threat it identified was Kiyoshi. He didn't mean to take this route and meet you, really!

The usual way he takes home besides the detours he sometimes takes was blocked off due to construction. He figured taking the way you usually take wouldn't be an issue and thought of it as a win-win type of situation.

Right now he was losing thanks to a certain pair of darkened teal eyes glaring at him. "Yuki-san? What are you doing here?"

You finally gave him some acknowledgment..have the heavens decided to give him a chance?

"nee-san what's that thing" "that's not a thing Sae. That is a person"

Maybe he got it from you, but it doesn't matter to him. "don't be rude sae, we still have to go to the store to pick up some udon for tonight since mom and dad are out" So you were the responsible type around the household too? not like he couldn't tell but..you really were wife material like his classmates said! "excuse my little brother yuki-san. He isn't really too prone to talking with other people." You put your hand on his head ruffling up his hair in the process.

"no! it's fine really..haha.." poor boy could still feel his glare. Maybe he'd kill him off in his sleep if he was lucky. You quickly caught on to the tension in the air and switched to look at sae, just as quickly, he looked away and seemed unbothered. Strange..You could've sworn he was glaring just now?