Sparks Amongst the Pages

Lisa is in charge of clearing the Temple of the Lion alongside Lumine. She goes to meet Lisa at the temple.

Lisa: "Hey cutie. You're going to help me out too? How kind of you. Don't hesitate to come to me if you need anything."

Lumine: "What kind of work does a librarian do?"

Lisa: "Good question. Basically, things other than that which requires brawn or brains."

Paimon: "So... what does that leave?"

Lumine enters the temple and goes to talk to Lisa.

Lisa: "I guess I can give this a go."

Lisa and Lumine explore the temple. Lumine questions Lisa.

Lisa: "Oh, you want to know about this gem? You're kidding... You're seriously asking? This is a Vision. It's used by the chosen to draw on elemental powers. In terms of mysticism, I suppose you could call it a magical lightning rod. What... you've never seen a Vision? Just where exactly are you from? Are you a hilichural with some level of reasonable intelligence? No, I doubt it. After all, hilichurls aren't exactly known for their smarts. And you, you'd more or less qualify to be a magister's apprentice."

Lumine destroys the crystal.

Lisa: "Dragon of the East, Lion of the South, Wolf of the North, Falcon of the West. They are the Four Winds of Mondstadt, affiliated with Barbatos, the God of Anemo. The Dragon of the East, Stormterror- it's real name, is Dvalin. Though most in Mondstadt seem to have forgotten that in all this "Stormterror" business. So now you why Dvalin is only able to channel three of the Four Wind's power. Because it has been consuming itself from the beginning."

Lumine: "Why?"

Lisa: "Because of hatred, I presume."

Paimon: "Hatred...?"

Lisa: "Hatred for Mondstadt. Hatred drove it to become something more powerful than the wind itself- to become Stormterror."

Paimon: "But why would one of The Four Winds... Hate the city it was supposed to protect?"

Lisa: ... As a child of Mondstadt, it's something that's really hard to say aloud. Here, take this. It's a very old story from more than a century ago."

Paimon: "Phew, it's finally done. Well, all that "ley flow" and "elemental lines" stuff Lisa was going on about should hopefully be back to normal. Wanna go back and see how the knights are doing? But if you got anything more interesting to do, Paimon can come too! Like... going on a shopping spree... or checking out that Statue of the Seven again. At the temple of The Four Winds, we found something like... solidified wind, didn't we? In Mondstadt, people call them "Anemoculi.." They're called this because they can be fitted into the statues' eyes. Some fairy tales say the statues' eyes originally had gems that were taken by swallows. But Anemoculi never had a physical form from the start. People with Vision collect them to offer to the statues in exchange for blessings. Unlike others with powers, you don't have a Vision. But then the rules of this world don't apply to you anyway so... We can go see what happened right now if you wanna try! The statue in Windrise should be the closest one. Paimon can't wait to see what the gods do to you!"