Shadow of Mondstadt

Mondtadt's elemental flow has returned to normal thanks to Lumine's efforts. It's time to report back to Jean. Lumine goes back to Mondstadt.

Paimon: "Isn't that Jean? Seems she's talking to someone... Let's let her finish, then go say hi?"

Anastasia: "...which is what has brought us to this point in the first place. If you are unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui. We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues. All we need to do is bring that monster to the-"

Jean: "'Monster'?"

Anastasia: "Yes. What's your point?"

Jean: "Ah... I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats. Yet here you are saying you want to "Put an end" to one of the Four Winds of Mondstadt? I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius."

Anastasia: "Heh... Hehehe... It's not as crazy as you make it sound. Fine. That's enough negotiation for today. At this stage it's simply... an amicable exchange of constructive opinions, no? I'll be sure to mak... thorough notes..."

Anastasia leaves as Lumine approaches.

Y/n: "What was that about?"

Jean: "Oh, Lumine, Y/n, you're back. Thanks for your help. The elemental flow is finally stable. The aftermath of Stormterror's last attack is finally settled for the moment. However, the pressure from delegation has become to big to be ignored."

Paimon: "Delegation? From Liyue Harbor or Inazuma City?"

Jean: "Snezhnaya. They choose to follow the God of Cryo. Their envoys go by a particular name: The Fatui have always coveted the Anemo God's power. I don't believe they have Mondstadt's best interests at heart."

Lumine: "Speaking of power..."

Jean: "What is it, Lumine?"

Lumine: "There's something I need to show the Knights of Favonius."

Jean: "Oh? Let us head back to headquarters then. We shouldn't discuss important matters... out in the open."

Lumine, Paimon, Y/n, and Jean return to headquarters.

Jean: "Mondstadt and Snezhnaya are considered the same in status. Mondstadt is independent and does not belong to any other nation. In fact, despite being referred to as a city, Mondstadt is a nation. Though, Snezzhnaya's Fatui are known to be the most aggressive diplomats in Teyvat..."

Paimon: "Makes sense, given the tone of that woman just now– so rude!"

Lumine presents the red rock to Lisa and Jean.

Jean: "It's a crystal embedded with some kind of power... Lisa, are you able to analyze it?"

Lisa: "Let me take a look... Hmm... I can see impurities in the crystal, but upon further inspection... No, I'm sorry, I can't make a proper analysis at the moment. Give me some time. I'll take a look through the library's restricted section."

Jean: "Right. I'll leave the research to you then, Lisa."

Y/n: "Be careful, handling items you know nothing about can cause a death.

Lisa: "Understood. I'll notify you all iff I make any progress. Though I wouldn't go getting your hopes up. They are incredibly ancient texts, not to mentio– Ouch! Gosh, that hurt! The impurities in the crystal... It hurts when I get close... I see... It appears to react to Visions. The impurities and the elemental energy we embody repel each other. It's strange, though. Lumine has elemental abilities as well, but doesn't seem to be affected in the same way."

Lumine: "..."

Lisa: "Anyway, the crystal would be better left in the hands of my cutie. It will just be a pain if left with us – both literally and metaphorically."

Lumine: "Cutie?"

Jean: "...Facinating. Do you know anything about what makes you special?"

Lumine shakes her head.

Jean: "I do not know what to make of it either. Well, then, Lumine... Y/n... The Knights of Favonius have another favor to ask of you. Please accept the title of Honorary Knight... and the gratitude of the Acting Grand Master."

Paimon: "Honorary Knight... of Favonius!?"

Jean: "We ask for your continued assistance in finding some answers. Stormterror's rage... and strange crystals... I know Mondstadt's peace hangs in the balance. May the wind open your eyes to the truth. We'll meet back here if you find anything."