city

back to y/n's pov:

she looks at me shocked.
"fuck" she whispers, before getting up promptly and leaving.
something in me feels different. emotions that i cant explain. i want to follow her, but my legs won't let me.
no one notices mapi's and my conversation, i just told them she was tired and needed to leave. surprisingly, they asked no further questions.
i make an excuse to leave soon after, after a few shots.
maybe it's the alcohol, or this new feeling that bubbles in my chest giving me more confidence, but i take out my phone sand text mapi 'sit next to me on the coach tomorrow'. i quickly press send before succumbing to the tiredness and letting it take over me.

i wake up suddenly. and after checking my phone i realise i have slept through my alarm, leaving me with only 10 minutes to get ready before i have to leave. my head throbs slightly from last night, and a lot of it is a blur. but there is something for sure that i remember, maria leon has a crush on me.
my phone buzzes and the word 'leon' appears on my screen. quickly, i check what she has said.
'ok maybe'
hmm odd
why would she text me that out of nowhere. so, i check the messages and i do not remember asking her to sit on the coach with me.
for fucks sake.
now i have to deal with mapi for a whole day on the coach, not that i don't want to sit with her, i really do. but i just hope it isn't awkward.

my brain is a mess.
i hate mapi
i hate her
i hate her
i hate her.
but now, after finding out she doesn't hate me, i dont think i hate her anymore. she's sweet, when she wants to be, and she has a great personality that i adore. also, she is impossibly attractive.
and the way she used to insult me, and tease me only made my feelings of her being impossibly attractive even worse. i'm surprised my brain can even function around her.

soon enough, i drive to the meeting point, where the whole team will get the coach to the other side of spain for the pre-season training camp. i quickly make sure i look atleast presentable before i leave my car. i grab my bag out the boot of my car before joining some others in a cafe, whilst we wait for the rest of the team to arrive. and also to get a much needed coffee.

after everyone arrives, i plonk myself down at the back of the bus, with keira lucy opposite. oh yeah, and the one and only mapi sitting next to me.
so far so good, the usual teasing and insults, although now they all have a flirty kick to them.
which i am not complaining about.
after abruptly leaving last night, mapi seems to have grabbed her confidence and cockiness back, and is now back to her normal self.
"uno anyone?" keira asks
"i'm in" i say, i cannot turn down a good game of uno.
me and keira have to practically beg reluctant mapi and lucy to join in. as keira starts dealing the cards out mapi shifts slightly, her body a little closer to mine and our knees touching. i know it's the smallest thing, but sparks are flying in my chest.
we start playing uno, and right off the bat mapi gives me a +4
"maldita perra" fucking bitch. i mumble
"una perra que te excita, ¿no?" a bitch that turns u on, no? she scoffs. my cheeks go a little red as she says this, looking right into my eyes.
"nunca" never. i say, butterflies still swarming in my stomach. she places her hand on the inside of my thigh. my cheeks go hot and i'm sure i look like a tomato.
"¿ah, de verdad? no mientas mi amor." oh really? don't lie my love.
"oh take a day off" lucy says laughing, which keira then joins in.

god she's driving me insane and she knows it. i'm sure she didn't get this confidence out of nowhere, alexia had to have told her something. i haven't told her that i think she's hot, but alexia has seen caught me staring at mapi and chancing her out a few more times than could be brushed off. mapi and alexia tell eachother everything, so i'm sure with both their knowledge combined they figured out something.

we all just start chatting after a few arguments between me and mapi break out.

"so why did you decide to leave man city?"
keira asks me.
"erm my contract was ending, and barça made an offer i couldn't really turn down."