Chapter 4

"He's an acquaintance from college" Mark sighed, sitting down at the nearby chair. He went for a change of outfit before heading back inside Taeyong's office.

"An acquaintance that bothers you?" Taeyong knew it too well now, he just wants Mark to open more and hear it coming out from his own mouth.

Mark didn't answer, it still bothers him on why he can't read Donghyuck, Maybe Taeyong was right, he wasn't in his right state.

"Can I come in..." A knock was heard, Taeyong immediately opened it and Jeno entered.

Mark stood up from the chair, he avoided eye contact while Jeno slowly approached him. He slowly lifted his head up to meet Jeno's and the latter was smiling at him. Mark was taken aback and the thoughts of Jeno's were only filled with positive ones.

"I forgive you, and I don't want this to last long enough..." Jeno said softly but Mark was frowning.

"I didn't even say I'm sorry yet." Mark questioned.

"Well, you did, Taeyong told me."

Mark gazed at Taeyong, realizing their leader had transferred his thoughts for Jeno to read. Taeyong grinned. He folded his arm looking like a proud dad watching his two sons reconciled. Mark was looking for Jaemin, but he wasn't around.

"Jaemin said he'll see you soon. He's not ready to talk." Jeno rubbed his nape while looking down at his shoe.

Mark sighed. He's the one who was supposed to confront them first, but Jaemin was still the one who started everything. Jeno pat Mark's shoulder and went outside. Mark started to walk out too when Taeyong stopped him halfway.

He knew that Mark wasn't going after Jeno and was checking on him from top to bottom. He was dressed to go out.

"Night studies..."

-

Donghyuck had been dragged along by Karina and Renjun to their night studies. He's either staying too focused or might as well doze off.

It's only been two days that he followed them; nothing improves much for him. But his friends thought of it as a good progress that Donghyuck wanted to come along.

"How can you guys do this..." Donghyuck walked slowly like there was a lump on his back clinging to Renjun's side.

The latter pushed his head slowly, hissing.

"Donghyuck, it's barely a week. Get yourself together!"  Renjun yelled.

Karina was giggling while shaking her head slowly. She pulled Donghyuck and gave him a pat on the back. She placed her arms around his shoulder, walking together to the library.

Like they usually do, they would be just on time. Not too early and not too late. The rest of the group members had already arrived, waving their hands at the trio.

Renjun signed their attendance list on the front desk while his eyes met with Sehun, the group leader.

"Nice to see your friend again, the more the better." Sehun stated, gazing at Donghyuck's direction who was yawning.

Renjun grinned, he pulled Donghyuck inside to find seats for them.  Karina placed their books on the table, she carried Donghyuck's with her as well.

Donghyuck sighed, flipping through the books as if he was interested.

The studies haven't even started yet. Some were chatting, scrolling through their phone and some really had gotten a head start through the projects.

As Donghyuck changed his gaze to the entrance he saw a figure coming in which caught his eyes to locked into -