Chapter 12

Mark was midway to Donghyuck's apartment, but Taeyong had called him for a last-minute meeting. He sighed and headed back to his apartment. Much of his disappointment, his phone battery went dead.

"Technology..." He complained.

Mark arrived at the apartment with the clan gathering like they always do. Taeyong who had his hand crossed over, looking at Mark seriously.

"Did I do something wrong?" Mark asked sarcastically.

Mark was worried that Taeyong might senses something about him meeting his brother. He wanted to tell his leader all about it but maybe not now.

Taeyong shook his head, he tilted his head raising his eyebrows at Yangyang who sit quietly on the sofa while others circling him.

"What happened to him?" Mark approaches Yangyang.

The blonde immediately stood up and hid behind Mark. He was startled at first. He asked the clan why and they told him to ask Yangyang directly about it.

"I believed you're the only one who understand me, Mark." Yangyang cried.

"I don't understand." He turned over to face Yangyang.

"Just tell him, Yangyang. No one is mad at you." Jeno who taps in.

"I got attached to Injun." Yangyang starts to bawl.

Mark was aghast. He raised his eyebrows and even blinked numerously.

"And who is Injun?" Mark questioned.

"Donghyuck's best friend." He expressed slowly.

"Oh, you meant Renjun? Wait, RENJUN?" Mark gasped.

"We need to check on this, Taeyong?" Taeil who was beside the leader worried if it might affect the clan in some way.

"There's no harm currently, but we'll look into it." Taeyong brushes his hair to the back, thinking.

"I'll volunteer to do the research!" Shotaro raised his hand, slightly jumping.

"I thought you hate mingling with humans?" Taeil teased him, Shotaro huffed.

"There are only three purebloods here. Taeyong needs to check in with the whole clan at all times, you need to be by his side because you are Taeyong unofficial assistant, and my clan can depend on themselves nowadays, so I got nothing to do.

Shotaro ended his ment proudly. Taeyong agreed to Shotaro's idea of doing the research for them. Taeil was hesitate at first, but he then reluctantly nodded as well.

It's always the purebloods that need to be involve with everything.

While the purebloods were discussing. Mark was still surprised to learn that another vampire can be attach to a human as well.

"So Yangyang is attached to Mark's human best friend, small world then." Jeno seemingly said not to sound funny.

Mark then stops his pace to get his phone and then he realized.

"Donghyuck!"

-

Mark jumped from building to building to ensure he gets to Donghyuck apartment fast. He almost forgot that he was supposed to meet him. Mark then dove down and land on his feet. He roams his eyes around to confirm no one saw him. He fixes his jacket and his hair before entering the apartment's entrance.

Mark waited for his turn at the elevator, the door flung open, he accidentally bumped into someone by the shoulder. The lad was wearing a cap and got his face hid as he looks down.