Chapter 6

Back in the apartment. Taeyong was alone while the rest went out hunting. He decided to stay at home and let the others venture. 

It was almost dusk, he stared out the window blankly, inhaling a sweet scent with his eyes closed. 

"I know you didn't go with them..." Taeyong spoke, pair of hands sneaked from behind and wrapped around his waist.

A peck was given at the side of his cheeks as he tilted his head. 

"I missed you too." the latter said, Taeyong hummed in response. 

Taeyong was always there for all of his clan members, being a leader and also a pureblood put on a big responsibility for him. 

For him to have a significant other was concealed from his clans. He never spoke about it and even used his abilities to keep it hidden. 

Even with being pureblood, he was in need too. 

Taeyong turned his body to face the other person. He swung his hand above the other's shoulder, pulling into an embrace. 

"Just give me a minute. And you need to go. The others will be home very soon." 

Taeyong placed a soft kiss on the person's lips, caressing his cheeks. He then pats the person's shoulder and pointed at the window. 

Tell him it's time. Well, the window was probably the only option to escape since the others would definitely use the front door. 

"To be continued, I guess?" The latter smirked and jumped over the window. Taeyong shook his head.

The front door was opened by Yuta followed behind Johnny who keep the conversation going between them. 

"So, what do you got today?" Taeyong asked, he folded his long sleeves up to his elbow. 

Jeno brought a deer behind his back, he placed the deer down at their kitchen table. Taeyong examined it, he pulled his fangs out and sunk it inside the deer's body. 

He then pulled out and retracted his fangs, he wiped his corner lips gracefully and signaled his clan members that it was safe to drink. 

He usually does that not because he needs to start the course first, if any poison or venom were present, Taeyong was able to detect it.   

The clans were civilized, Doyoung inserted an IV to draw and fill it inside a blood bag. They would later store it in their refrigerator, putting labels on it as well. 

They also pour it and drink it from a cup; they were modern vampires after all. 

"Are you okay? You look flustered." Taeil appeared next to Taeyong, monitoring his face. 

"Yes." He cleared his throat. 

Jisung watched the rest filling up the blood bag, he couldn't contain his excitement and his hunger to dig right into it. 

"Control it." Jaemin snapped his finger making Jisung blink thrice. He hissed and turned his head to see Taeil standing frozen in the middle of the living room. 

"Taeil?" Jisung pointed in his direction, the others followed him. 

Taeil's pupils were fully dilated until his black orbs enlarged covering his whole eyes. Doyoung was about to approach Taeil, but Taeyong grabbed him by the arm, commanding him to halt. 

"Wait, he's receiving a precognition." Taeyong uses his ability to take control of Taeil's thoughts so he would be able to read it. 

'Another century ...'