Norminah - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

Five year old Edward Kyle Hansen quietly and carefully slipped out of his bed that night. Walking quickly, he went into his eight year old sister's room and shook her awake.

"Lou, wake up." He said, poking Louise's side.

Louise Kylie Hansen groaned before mumbling 'no' and buried her face in the pillow.

Edward sighed and get out of Louise's room and proceeded to his eleven years old twin sisters room, Hailey Dabria and Kelsey Dahlia Hansen.

"Hailey! Kelsey! Wake up!" Edward hissed their name. He smiled brightly seeing Kelsey roll over.

"Go back to bed, Ed. It's too early." Kelsey said, slurring.

"Uh huh, it's three in the morning! Let's go see what Santa brought us!" Edward exclaimed.

"Edward Kyle! Go back to bed." This time Hailey had gotten her digs in as well.

"Well, I'm going to see." Edward said with his hands on his hips before exiting the room.

He sauntered down the hall towards his eldest brother's room. Pushing open the door, Edward walked over to the bed before pushing her brother's shoulder. "Jake, get up."

Jacob stirred slightly on the bed as he opened his eyes. He blinked a few more times before his eyes settled on Edward, who was standing up beside his bed with a small pout. Jacob's eyes drifted from his brother to the night stand.

"What's wrong? It's 3 in the morning Ed," Jacob mumbled as his head crashed onto the pillow.

"Come on, let's go see what Santa brought us."

"We'll see tomorrow." Jacob mumbled.

"Please Jake?" Edward plead.

Sighing, Jacob get up, "Fine. We'll take a quick peak and then back to bed, all right?"

The youngest Hansen nodded his head before placing his index finger on his lips. The two boys tiptoed down the hall, past their mom's room and to the top of the stairs, where they got a perfect view of the tree.

Edward's eyes twinkled with joy when his eyes landed on all the wrapped boxes with pretty bows sitting under the tree. Smiling, Edward turned to her brother. "Wow!"

"I know. Let's go back to bed before moms catch us."

As they headed back up the stairs, Edward saw something that caused him to pause in his track. "Why's mommy kissing Santa Claus?"

"What? Mommy's not kissing anyone. She's tucked in bed just like you should be." Jacob said in denial.