- 023

The sugarcane fields are endless and when I first thought to see them grow each day, you were taken away. And sometimes I can still see myself standing on that sidewalk where the field is, watching it stretch out into the horizon down to the roots of my existence and I savour the pain and longing and all of the things I'll someday forget. Like the vibration of your voice, your footsteps, your messy hair during the morning you forgot I have school. And the morning you did not wake up. It still feels fresh to me, everything is fresh. I can remember what you looked like on a Sunday, what you looked like on that Monday, what you looked like on that Tuesday. I can still picture out your expressions, the way you tried so hard, what your face is like. And I ache. I ache when I see someone who has the same silhouette as you, I ache when I picture you out standing and living and existing, I ache when I dream of you. In the absence of your presence I grew older, uglier, undesirable, unhappy, unbalanced. Empty.

And I'll keep growing older without you. I'll keep living without you. I'll have to put everything I planned out away and lately in order to live I started thinking that the future doesn't exist anymore. So I won't cry, I won't mourn, I won't grieve.