heartless bitch

You thought about the specific day when you'd forget all about the Halloween accident, the day when terror and anxiety would be replaced by peace. The constant need to hide and control your emotions had become tiring. You even wondered if you would ever experience such a day. The prospect of peace and quiet seemed increasingly unattainable. You were constantly scared, unsure of Jean's and Porco's intentions.

"it's been taken care of."

That's what Eren said to you. Multiple times. His voice echoed in your thoughts, a constant reminder of his sudden protective instinct towards you.

Eren became a prisoner of your mind, haunting your days and nights.
You anticipated the day you would encounter him again. You wondered whether thanking him would be a good idea or if ignoring him might make you seem ungrateful, which you weren't.
Whether in class or at the next gathering in Connie's new apartment, you knew you would eventually cross paths with him

Class was always something you particularly enjoyed. You appreciated listening and learning from your passionate professors. However, attending class became a challenging task after the accident. You felt vulnerable around the other students, as if their eyes were glued to you. You wondered if they were judging you, if somehow, they knew you were the girl Porco had intended to hurt.
You played with your fingers, struggling to clarify your thoughts and block out the people around you. Yet, the noise persisted – chatter and laughter. Were they laughing about you?
The echoes of you professor lecture became drowned in the noise of your anxious thoughts. Every glance from your classmates felt like an unspoken judgment, as if they could perceive the hidden confusion within you.
You struggled to focus on the lesson, a mental battleground where concentration fought against the overwhelming fear of scrutiny. The hum of chatter and laughter surrounded you, intensifying the feeling of isolation. You played with your pen, a weak attempt to secure yourself in the middle of this turbulent sea of judgment. The once comforting walls of the classroom now felt like they were closing in, amplifying your sense of exposure. You dreamed for the consolation of solitude at home, where you could escape the penetrating gazes of your classmates.

" Stop it "

you felt a hand over yours – Eren's. You were so immersed in your thoughts that his presence next to you went unnoticed.

Usually stationed in the back of the classroom, far from professors, today Eren decided to sit beside you for reasons unknown. Darting your hand away, you felt a surge of heat from the sudden contact. His hands, larger and hotter than yours, caught your attention for the first time.

"Don't stress over it. I thought I made myself clear," he tried to reassure you, his tone cold and monotonous, lacking sympathy.
"I'm fine," you insisted. "Yeah, right. You look like a fucking animal in a cage," he remarked bluntly. "What? What do you mean?" you gasped at the sudden rudeness . "You've been scanning the room since you entered. Nobody will hurt you. Chill."
"But what if they know?" You opened up to him, drawn by the fact that he seemed to notice your change in behavior. "Know what?" he asked. "Know everything."

"Nobody gives a fuck, y/n."

Taken aback by his brutally honest response, all you managed to say was, "Okay."
Mimicking him, you turned on your computer, taking notes and ignoring the other students. His choice of words oddly put you at ease, his presence making you feel protected and reassured, allowing your thoughts to rest for a brief moment.

"Thank you," you pursued him after class, trying to catch up. "For what?" he glanced at you before continuing to walk. "Why are you acting like that?" you blurted out. His behavior painted a picture of nonchalance and indifference towards you, yet his actions revealed the opposite.
"I'm acting normally. Don't get too attached to me just because I defended you." "How can I get attached to you? You're a heartless bitch," you replied, unaware of the harsh words at the moment.

He stopped abruptly, mirroring your shocked expression. "God, I didn't mean that," you couldn't hold back your giggles. "Yeah, right. Get the fuck out of here." You could notice a faint smile played at the corner of his lips. "You're not completely heartless don't get me wrong! You're just a bitch." "Leave y/n." "Alright! Sorry! I'll be waiting for you next class though! " you cheered, a sudden burst of joy radiating from you.
He patiently waited until you were out of sight before allowing the smile he had been holding back to manifest on his lips.

"Do you think I'm a heartless bitch?" Eren lounged on Connie's couch, engrossed in the game with his friends while reflecting on your recent conversation. "Yeah, pretty much. It's your whole vibe," his friends chimed in, leaving Eren a bit surprised.

Acknowledging he wasn't the nicest person, Eren wouldn't go as far as calling himself heartless. "Who called you that?" "Y/n," and no one was surprised; they were almost expecting it. "I don't blame her." "Me neither," Eren observed his friends nod in agreement, as if they shared a perspective he didn't. "She's eligible to call you that. Personally, I might've said worse."
"Why?" Eren's tone held genuine curiosity, eliciting laughter from his friends. "You can't be serious, Eren," Connie expressed genuine shock. "I'm dead serious. Why are you all laughing?" "Because you've always been harsh on the poor girl!" Armin defended you, astonished by Eren's lack of awareness. "Y'all are dramatic. Most of the time, I'm just joking. She just can't take a joke." "Calling her a slut in front of everyone is your idea of a joke?"
Eren grew irritated at Armin's sudden intensity. Why was he defending you so vehemently? "Do you have a crush on her or something, Armin?" "I'm not Jean; keep that lame excuse to yourself. She's my friend, and I'm defending her because sometimes you go too far, Eren. The fact that you never realized how mean you were is even worse."
The room fell into an awkward silence, the tension palpable. Connie and the others exchanged glances, unsure how to navigate Eren's obliviousness.

"Maybe you should apologize," Reiner, who had been quietly observing, suggested with a stern gaze.
Eren scoffed, dismissing the idea. "Why should I apologize? We're good now. And she needed to toughen up anyway."
As the game continued in the background, the atmosphere in Connie's living room remained strained, leaving Eren to confront the consequences of his words and the unexpected alliances forming against him.

He was kinda baffled, not getting why everyone was so into you. Sure, you were nice and all, but what was the big deal that got them all hooked? To him, you were just a regular young woman. It left him scratching his head, wondering what made you this magnet for people's attention and affection. Just your typical "what's the fuss all about" kind of vibe.

He always randomly caught snippets of conversations praising your qualities. People spoke about your kindness and the positive impact you had on their lives. It was like everyone had this secret manual on "Why We Love Y/N," and he felt like he missed the memo.

Was it the way you effortlessly made people feel at ease, or perhaps your genuine interest in others? Or was it your undeniable femininity that whispered of innocence?
He thought about your soft-spoken voice and sweet smile. You exuded a delightful and gentle vibe that could easily be mistaken for pure naivety.
Yet, he could notice that beneath the surface of that innocent facade, there lurked a playful and mischievous spirit. It was the twinkle in your eyes, the subtle curve of your lips, hinting at a secret world of playful indulgence. The sweetness of your exterior only veiled the underlying mischief that awaited those daring enough to explore beyond the surface.
He found himself unintentionally drawn towards you. There was more to you than met the eye, and he was curious to uncover each of your layers.