a boring day with you

"Wait, y/n!" you halted in the middle of the hall, pivoting to identify the one calling your name.

To your surprise, it was Eren, hustling to catch up with you. "I'm heading to the city to buy something for my mom. Want to come along or something?"
"Sure!"

Your swift and decisive response surprised you, and you pondered the reasons behind it. Reflecting on it, you realized that you and Eren hadn't spent much time alone together before. The uncertainty lingered about how he behaved without his friends around, and you found yourself curious about Eren's dynamics with his family. Questions arose – was he as playful with them as he was with his friends, or did he reveal a sweeter side reserved for those closest to him?

As you walked towards the city with Eren, the atmosphere was surprisingly light. It felt odd, given your initial interactions filled with tension and mystery.
"So, what are you getting for your mom?" you asked, breaking the silence. He smirked, "A surprise. She's been wanting something, and I finally found it."
You raised an eyebrow, intrigued by the sudden change in Eren's demeanor.

The city bustled with life, people navigating through the crowded streets, and the distant sound of traffic adding a rhythmic background to the silence between you two.

"Do you know where we're going first ?" you again initiated the conversation, "Let's just walk around first"
As you strolled through the shops, Eren occasionally glancing at you, you couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to his invitation than just a shopping trip.

The silence between you and Eren was palpable, a testament to the lack of meaningful conversation between two individuals who had never really engaged with each other. Surprisingly, you found yourselves at a loss for words, realizing that in your months of disdain, you had never bothered to discover the person behind the perceived enemy. Eren's likes, hobbies, music preferences, and favorite movie remained a mystery, as you had been too preoccupied hating him to consider him as anything more than an adversary complicating your life.

"You're very silent" He declared, glancing at you "You're silent as well" "I don't know what to talk about. I realized that I don't really know you actually" "Yeah me too".
Another silence.

"What's your go-to ice cream flavor?" you prompted, eliciting a small laugh from Eren. "Why the amusement?" you questioned. "Why the fuck would you ask that?" he quipped. "I believe one's ice cream preference reveals a lot about them. My guess is chocolate for you," you speculated. "No, absolutely not," he rebuffed. "It's got to be something chocolate-related," you persisted. "And why's that?" "Because you have a bit of a childlike vibe," you asserted, stating the obvious. "Between the two of us, I'm the childish one?" he questioned, feigning surprise. "Yes, Eren."
He chuckled at your response, "Chocolate is so fucking basic and boring"
"Basic? Excuse me, Mr. Vanilla Lover," you teased with a smirk. "Vanilla is a classic choice. Don't bully me" he defended his preference. "Whatever, yours is probably strawberry" "Raspberry actually" "So unexpected" he responded full of sarcasm.

As the banter continued, you found yourself genuinely enjoying the conversation. The tension that once defined your interactions had transformed into a more lighthearted exchange. It was a side of Eren you hadn't seen before, and you were surprised at how effortlessly you both could talk about trivial things.

Before you knew it, you found yourselves wandering through the city, captivated by the dazzling displays of luxurious brands, slowing your pace. "What are you looking at?" Eren interrupted your conversation. "Sorry, it's just so pretty. I love the Christmas decorations they put on," you exclaimed. "Yeah, they do this every year," he replied, lacking the same enthusiasm. "I know. All the clothes are so sparkling. Have you seen those fucking shoes? Oh my God," you gushed, getting closer to the storefront and snapping a picture. "Do you wanna go inside?" He suggested. "No, I don't want to slow you down," you responded. "Come on, try them on," He insisted. "Are you crazy? They're like, more expensive than my entire education." "Don't have to actually buy them."
You cast a quick glance at the glittering high heels and Eren, hesitating momentarily before stepping into the store.