Angry Drunk

The next morning Howie woke up to find Kevin sipping on a cup of coffee and reading the paper, Nick crawled around like a child chasing after Mason who giggled uncontrollably. Howie smiled at Kevin's mini twin and his childish blonde friend.

"Good...Howie" Nick said out of breath as he made noises with his mouth.

"Morning..." he muttered, still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "That kid is your replica, just blonde." he smiled at Kevin, as he still watched Nick and the child crawling in circles. Kevin looked at him, his eyes almost making a hole through him "What Kevin?" he asked.

"I don't know you tell me...want some coffee?" he stood up while Howie gave him a nod.

"Everything is fine Kevin...don't start it!" he poured sugar into the steaming cup of coffee Kevin had handed him. "Seriously...I'm ok. I just hope that she is..."

"Morning..." AJ said entering the kitchen and taking a seat next to Howie, his gaze firm and slightly angry. "What the hell did you do to her?" AJ retorted "She's a mess...I could hear her crying all night."

Howie shrugged, feeling the flutter in his stomach rise. Deep down he wanted to tell AJ to 'fuck off' and run to her side, and let her know she had nothing to cry about, but he opted to stay seated. "Nothing. Would you guys stop it? I don't think it's me you need to talk to, AJ. Can't you at least wait till YOU talk to her and she leaves."

"Fine, we are talking tonight after the barbecue." AJ rolled his eyes as he served himself a bowl of cereal. "So what else did you do on this trip...besides my fiancé?"

"AJ!" Kevin scolded

"What are you so mad about huh? You are the one that persisted and it happened. Now stop having your usual fits when you don't get what you want. Shut up already!" Howie slumped into a chair and sipped on his coffee, while AJ walked away.

Millie stared at herself in the mirror as she brushed her long brown hair into a ponytail. Kevin had been kind enough to lend her some of Kristin's jeans and a pink top. She sat for a second, trying to avoid walking out the door, knowing that bumping into Howie would be inevitable.

There was a faint knock "Come in" she shouted, taking a seat on the bed.

AJ entered the room slowly, as she looked up and gave him a weak smile. She had forgotten how good looking he was, with his goatee, his tattoos and his wild wardrobe. All the good times she had spent with him filled her mind, the nice dinners, the concerts, the movies, the kisses.

"Hey there...I was just checking up on you. Are you feeling better?" he sat next to her, rubbing his hand up and down her back. "I forgot to tell you last night that you look really beautiful...your hair has grown a lot since the last time I saw you." he caressed her cheek with the side of his hand.

He wanted to tell her it was all his stupid idea and that Howie had refused to take part in the whole mess. Her smile sent a nice warm feeling through his body, it always had. Her innocent smile had been one of her attributes that had caught his attention in the first place. With the years he had grown so close to her, that she was almost like a sister, but watching Brian, Kevin and then Howie get married. Had only made him feel left behind, like the wagon was leaving, and he wasn't on it.

Their kisses had been passionate and he had copped a feel or two, but it had never gone beyond that. She had always stopped him and they usually ended up arguing about it then making up again.

Somehow that angered him, it had taken him so long to just get a kiss from her and it had taken Howie four days to get in her pants. He put the anger to the side and continued to take in her beauty, she had been with him in the good and bad, at concerts, through his rehabilitation. Therefore that affection had blossomed into a great friendship, therefore, it only seemed right to propose to someone that knew it all about him, and actually accepted him the way he was.

Drive Me CrazyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara