Old Feelings

Millie picked up her purse as she waved at the last waddling woman walking by, huffing and puffing. She sighed at the irony of being the front desk clerk in the maternity station at Saint Joseph's hospital. "See you guys next week. I have the weekend off...gonna help my dad with the 911 charity. Please come by if you would like.'' She waved at everyone at the nurses station and headed home.

When she walked out, it was already dark. She missed the long days, when the sky stayed lit till late at night. They reminded her of him. Her phone began to sing "Girls just want to have fun" she opened her phone and answered "Hello"

"Hey there, beautiful. How are you doing?" AJ's voice boomed through the line. "We are coming home. We have a surprise for you, I was advised not to say a word...so I shall say no more." he chuckled.

Millie laughed "That is not fair Mr. Mclean...you know I hate surprises. Just tell me already." she waited.

"Nope...no can do. Listen I was just calling to let you know that we will ALL be home tomorrow morning, I've got to go now. We have a show to put on. Love ya"

She swallowed "Uh...yeah...have fun!" she closed the phone and hopped into her car, only three weeks had gone by, but so much had been done. She had officially moved all her stuff from Orlando and had quit her receptionist job at the local clinic. As for AJ after the last encounter, she had promised herself it wouldn't happen again and she would keep her promise.

Howie glared at AJ, he knew there was something fishy about him. How openly he told her he loved her. It infuriated him. Wasn't he the responsible one for most of her grief? How come she didn't hate HIM. If only she knew that there wasn't a day that he didn't think about her. He smiled, thinking that soon he would at least get a glimpse of her and at the time just a look was more than enough.

"Earth to Howie..." Brian waved his hand in his face "Is everything alright...we are almost on."

He sighed hard "Yeah I'm good..." The twosome had no choice but to put their differences aside as long as they were on the bus, but many times they would fight over little things. When everyone knew what the big issue was. "Aren't you getting a little too attached?" Howie muttered under his breath as AJ went by.

"As a matter of fact YES. Why are you jealous?"

"That's enough...then you will have arms and legs flying everywhere. I don't want another black eye from trying to stop you two. So stop it now!" Brian scolded, going back to his humming.

The twosome just gave each other deadly glares as they were announced to go on stage.

Millie huffed as she took off her shoes, threw her jacket on the couch, then herself. "Dad..." she shouted, as the tall man came from the hallway "I thought you weren't here" she kissed his cheek.

"I'm here honey. Got to go back in the morning. Excited about the charity event? I have some good or bad news for you. I was going to wait, but I think I should tell you now." he raised his eyebrows.

"Ok...is it part of AJ's surprise?...tell me dad!" she tucked her legs under her butt and pulled her dad to sit next to her "I'm waiiiting." she teased.

He smiled crookedly "Well everything is set for the charity this Saturday and we are having some special guests that aren't just going to perform three songs, but are going to help out in the booths. Isn't that great?" he smiled enthusiastically.

"They guys???" she frowned "Dad that means that Howie is going to be there and I'm going to have to see him and it's going to break my heart again and...I'm still mad at him" she began to breathe hard "Oh god I'm getting hives just thinking about it."