Selfish

It was late and Millie was tired from her long day, but she couldn't stop thinking of the preemie. His tiny hands and his almond blue eyes staring at her. Her smile turned upside down when she noticed AJ leaning against his car in her driveway. She parked and hopped out of her car, already annoyed by his presence.

"Hi Mill." he sighed.

She glared at him "Hi. What do you want AJ? I'm tired and I really don't have time to..." suddenly his lips were against hers.

This time she didn't kiss him back and when she had the strength she pushed him away "Your kisses don't do anything anymore AJ. Just tell me what you want!" she demanded crossing her arms over her chest.

"Fine, I came to say bye...I quit the group. I'm moving to London to be away from everything, especially you..."

"What? You can't do that! Did you even take a moment to think about the guys...how could you up and quit." she smacked him on the arm. "You're so selfish...!" she snapped.

AJ looked at the ground and nodded his head "You're right! I'm selfish, I was selfish to ask you to marry me when I wasn't ready for it. I was selfish for cheating on you all the time, when the whole time I was just afraid to love you." he swallowed the knot as she looked at him angrily "I just didn't want you to find something better while I was gone...I guess that was inevitable! Then I did push Howie on to you, although he was with you cause he wanted to! I know I've hurt you over and over, but I realized that I do love you. More than anything..."

"About two years ago I did love you...so much AJ. When you were gone all I did was think of you and hope that you were safe and sound. When you were off screwing who knows who. You made that love fade away...you." she poked his chest "That still doesn't give you the god given right to break up the group!" she stormed towards the house.

"Wait..." he reached out for her arm "I know you're disappointed in me, you've been for the longest. I'm leaving and no one is changing my mind. I'm starting my life over and the guys will just have to except it!"

"AJ it makes no sense your in the middle of a fucking tour."

"Yeah so.." he shrugged like it was no big deal. "They'll survive! Maybe they can have some reality show to see how they get the next fuck up of the group." He raised his eyebrows. "I'm leaving...I love you! I really truly do, but I know you love him. Have a nice life Mill." he kissed her forehead and jumped into his car and drove off.

Millie was angry at him for making such a stupid decision. She stood there staring at the empty driveway, but she couldn't cry. AJ wouldn't make her feel guilty any longer. Not for loving someone else.

"Goodbye AJ!" she finally whispered.

The next morning the remaining three Backstreet Boys sat at a round table in the record label office.

"I can't believe the prick did this to us...I mean, just quit in the middle of a tour." Nick banged his fist on the table. "What now?"

"I'm not sure, we've sold tickets all through the end of November." Howie thought out loud.

"Well we are on a break right now, till Halloween. Maybe he'll change his mind and come back to help us out." Brian rubbed his temples.

The door opened and in walked the management group, tour manager, the publicist and a couple of other suited people. "Hello guys...we have been going through hours of thinking and trying to correct this. We came to the conclusion that we can't just come out and say that AJ is a...what's the word." The dark haired man looked around for some help.

"A selfish prick!" Howie answered.

The man pointed at Howie "That will suit just fine, so we can't just come out and say that he is a selfish prick, who decided to leave the group out of the blue. We would have to say that he is sick or something...else!"