In the eclectic chaos of Sikowitz's drama class, Jade found herself in a familiar dance of longing for recognition. Her notebook lay open on her lap, a canvas for her eagerness to absorb every word the eccentric teacher spilled into the room. Yet, her gaze often drifted to the stage, a stage where she wished to shine but always found herself eclipsed.

Legs crossed, her notebook clutched tightly, Jade's hand shot up eagerly when Sikowitz posed a question to the class. The unspoken desire for validation echoed not only in her upraised hand but in the pleading look that adorned her cherubic face, making her seem almost child-like.

"Beck," Sikowitz declared, his gaze lingering on the students. Jade's hand remained suspended, an unintentional plea that went unnoticed in the sea of eager participants. She bit her lip, holding back a sigh of frustration, aching for a chance to showcase her talent.

"Tori," Sikowitz's voice chimed in, a smile exchanged and returned. Beck and Tori took center stage, basking in the glow of their perceived excellence.

Like always, Jade mused, her eyes tracing the familiar narrative unfolding before her. As the scenes played out, she sank deeper into her silent reverie, a realm where she grappled with her own perceived inadequacy.

"No one will miss me when I’m gone. No one. Life will go on without me." The thought whispered through Jade's mind like a haunting refrain, a bitter truth she carried like an invisible weight. Her eyes, a pool of hidden vulnerabilities, betrayed a longing for significance.

The sting of unshed tears lingered beneath her surface, a delicate balance threatened by the fear of unraveling in a space that demanded resilience. Small sips of water, a façade to conceal the emotions threatening to surface, became Jade's silent refuge.

Yet, unbeknownst to Jade, Sikowitz was attuned to the undertones of her silent struggle. His gaze, a perceptive lens that transcended the superficial, recognized the potential that lay dormant within her. He observed the quiet plea in her eyes, the desperate longing for a chance to break free from the shadows that tethered her to the periphery.

As Sikowitz continued to direct the unfolding scenes, Jade's internal monologue echoed in the backdrop. Her desire for recognition, for a chance to step into the spotlight, was an unspoken anthem that resonated within her, drowning out the applause meant for others.

In the ephemeral world of drama class, where roles were assigned and stages claimed, Jade battled against the currents of her own perceived inadequacies. Sikowitz, with his keen insight, recognized the silent turmoil beneath the surface, a silent acknowledgment that one day, perhaps, Jade West would take center stage and command the spotlight she so fervently sought.