In the pop and jazz singing class, Jade sat stiffly beside Cat. The room buzzed with classmates harmonizing and warming up their vocal cords, yet Jade remained distant, her mind preoccupied with turbulent thoughts.

Cat, ever the cheerful soul, tried to break the icy silence. "Jade, what do you think about a song about... uh, friendship maybe?"

Jade's response was terse. "I don't know."

Cat persisted, undeterred by Jade's reluctance. "What about a song on dreams? Dreams are fun! Like dreams you have when you're asleep or your future dreams!"

Jade shifted uncomfortably. "Maybe." Her voice was barely audible.

Cat's enthusiasm faltered, sensing Jade's unease. "You're acting weird today, Jade. Are you okay?"

Jade sighed inwardly, the weight of her secret plan bearing down on her. "I'm fine. Just tired."

Cat's bright smile dimmed slightly, but she nodded, accepting Jade's answer without further probing. "Okay, okay. We'll figure out the song together, even if it takes a while!"

Their conversation fizzled into an awkward silence. The topic of the song loomed between them like an unspoken challenge.

As Cat fidgeted with her notebook, Jade's mind raced with frustration. Tori and Andre's unbreakable bond hovered like a looming shadow over her plan. Her attempts to accelerate her plan faced an impenetrable wall with Tori and Andre always teamed up. How could she execute her plan if they were always together, impeding her every step?

She glanced at Cat, whose eager expression conveyed genuine effort. Cat was oblivious to the turmoil brewing inside Jade. Despite her awkwardness, Jade knew she had to navigate this collaboration, even if her thoughts were a jumbled mess.

The thought slipped out almost accidentally. "We could use the piano after school."

Cat's eyes widened in surprise. "The piano? Oh, that's a great idea!"

Jade's slip-up added to her unease. She hadn't intended to suggest the piano, yet the words tumbled out before she could stop them. She was often quieter than usual around Cat, finding herself drawn to her infectious enthusiasm yet struggling to engage in a lighthearted conversation.

The idea of staying after school to work on the song felt like an unexpected risk. Jade's heart thudded with the notion of extending her time at Hollywood Arts. It wasn't part of her usual routine, but she reasoned that it was necessary for their song-making endeavor.

As the class concluded, Cat bounced to her feet, offering Jade an earnest smile. "Let's do it! We'll make the best song ever, Jade!"

Jade mustered a tight-lipped smile in return, her discomfort lingering as they parted ways, the weight of her secret plan heavier than ever.

*

Cat, with her characteristic bright smile, strolled through the Hollywood Arts corridors, determined to find Jade. Her cheerful energy didn't falter, but there was a hint of worry in her voice as she approached Tori, Andre, Beck, and Robbie.

"Hey, have any of you seen Jade around?" Cat asked, her voice carrying a note of concern.

Tori shook her head, puzzled. "Nope, haven't seen her since our last class."

Andre exchanged a glance with the group. "Maybe she's in the music room or the library?"

Cat's expression shifted to mild dismay. "I've looked in both places. She wasn't there."

Beck chimed in, his voice calm and reassuring. "Don't worry, Cat. Maybe she just needed some time alone."

Cat's worry lingered. "But we're supposed to work on a song together for our class! I thought maybe we could all have lunch together and work on it after."

Robbie scratched his head, his usual awkwardness surfacing. "Um, we could check the outdoor area?"

The group dispersed, scouring the campus in search of Jade. Cat kept her eyes peeled for any glimpse of her elusive classmate, worry gnawing at her. Her usual bubbly demeanor was tempered by concern for Jade's sudden disappearance.

Tori checked the drama room while Beck ventured towards the outdoor seating area. Andre combed through the music rooms, and Robbie navigated the hallways, all in the hopes of finding their elusive classmate.

Despite their thorough search, Jade remained nowhere to be found. The realization began to dawn on Cat that Jade wasn't just evading her; she seemed to have vanished altogether.

As the gang regrouped, the shared confusion was palpable. Cat wrung her hands, a shadow of disappointment crossing her face. "I don't get it. She was supposed to work on the song with me."

Tori attempted to reassure Cat, her voice soothing. "Maybe she'll show up later. Don't worry too much, Cat."

But worry gnawed at Cat. She couldn't shake off the feeling that something was amiss. Jade's sudden disappearance, especially when they had a project together, didn't sit well with her. It was as if Jade had vanished into thin air, leaving Cat with unanswered questions and a sense of disquiet.

The gang exchanged uncertain glances, a collective sense of concern knitting them together. Where could Jade have disappeared to? And why did she seem to be intentionally avoiding their efforts to find her?

Cat's cheerful façade faded into a mask of worry as she mulled over the baffling disappearance of her elusive classmate. The urgency to find Jade grew stronger with each passing moment, and the gang's puzzlement lingered, a silent testament to the enigma that was Jade West.