Jade sat in the pop and jazz singing class, her mind a whirlwind of emotions. The teacher, a stylish figure with a vibrant aura, announced the day's task. "Alright, everyone, today's challenge is to team up and create a song. Remember, your peers will be the judges of your musical masterpiece."

Her gaze shifted between Tori, Andre, Cat, and the teacher. Music was Jade's refuge, her passion. She wanted to show her talent, but today felt different. It felt pressing. Her heart sank when Tori and Andre paired up. They always did, leaving Jade on the outskirts, a feeling she was familiar with.

As Jade contemplated asking Andre to collaborate, the words echoed across the room, sealing her fate. Tori and Andre—again. She sighed, her plans to accelerate her "final act" foiled. She needed a partner, a way to shine, and Tori and Andre's partnership seemed to dim her chances.

Then, Cat, her usual bright self, approached Jade with excitement. "Hey, Jade! Want to team up for this?"

Jade glanced at Cat, feeling a twinge of warmth. Cat wasn't as strange as they thought, Jade remembered. There was a time when Cat seemed more... ordinary. With a nod and a faint smile, Jade agreed to work with her.

They huddled together, the music room resonating with their ideas. Jade felt a flicker of hope, though her mind swirled with doubts. She wanted to accelerate her plan to move on, to end the relentless struggle. But with Tori and Andre working together, her path seemed blocked.

"Jade, how about this harmony?" Cat's voice cut through her thoughts, pulling Jade back to the task at hand. They worked in tandem, creating melodies that seemed to dance in the air.

Jade smiled, but it was a facade. Her mind was elsewhere, entangled in a web of worries. She couldn't accelerate her plan, not with Tori and Andre in cahoots. Her thoughts were in disarray, yearning to put her plan in motion, but thwarted at every turn.

The class continued, the music filling the room, but Jade's mind remained clouded. She wanted to speed up her plans, to move forward, but it felt like the world conspired against her.

As the bell rang, signaling the end of the class, Jade's heart felt heavy. She exchanged a parting glance with Cat, trying to muster a genuine smile. She nodded to herself, trying to push away the gnawing frustration within her.

The day wasn't lost, not yet. But the shadow of her unfulfilled plan lingered, casting a pall over her thoughts. She silently resolved to find a way, a means to fulfill her aspirations, even in the face of unexpected hurdles.