→6

I thought about what I'd have for Saturday dinner for a while, but finally decided on some simple pasta since I had everything needed.

From sitting on the couch for the whole day, I stood up and walked to my kitchen, drifting around to one cabinet and opening it.

I grabbed out a box of angel hair spaghetti and put it on the island counter. Next I grabbed a pot from my bottom cabinet near the stove. 

The pot was placed on the stove and water was poured into it halfway. Then I grabbed the box and opened it slowly, going and dumping it in the pot of water. 

My hand moved to the stove knob and turned it to medium, wanting it to boil the shit out of the pasta.

I sighed and put a lid on top of the pot, setting a timer and going to sit at the island. I grabbed out my phone and scrolled through it for a while, looking at random things on social media.

After a while, the timer went off. I hopped off the stool, leaving my phone on the counter. I went and turned off the timer, walking to the stove.

I went through a cabinet to the side of the stove and grabbed out a big stirring spoon. Making a step over, I stood in front of the stove and turned the knob to off.

With the spoon, I slipped it under the lid handle and lifted the lid off and onto the counter beside. Steam immediately flew from the pot and I turned on the fan above.

I looked down in the pot and felt the heat against my face, seeing the now elastic noodles in the bottom.

Moving to the side, I stirred it once or twice and grabbed oven mitts as I did so; multitasking.

I put down the spoon to the side and threw a strainer in the sink. Slipping on the oven mitts, I picked up the heavy-ish pot of noodles and water while making my way to the sink.

Pouring the pot of its contents, the water drained and left the noodles in the strainer, some steam coming off as they were still very hot.

The pot was put back on the stove and I grabbed the strainer, sliding the cooked noodles back into the pot. I put away the strainer in the sink and took off my mitts, hanging them back up underneath my top cabinets on hooks. 

Making my way to the fridge, I grabbed a can of tomato sauce and went to open it, pouring it inside the pan.

Again I grabbed the spoon from beside the stove, now stirring everything together. After a bit of mixing, the simple dinner was done.

I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and loaded some into the bowl. I also got some Parmesan cheese from the fridge and sprinkled it on top.

Once finally finished, I got a fork and phone, sitting down in the living room, getting comfy on the couch. 

I flicked on the tv and settled down to a god dinner, digging in and watching a show.

- - - 

Xasa had hopped up and snuggled to the side of the couch, a foot from Y/n. 

Y/n was eating her pasta, just about down when she got an idea. Why not text Mr. Emily? See what he is up to.

When she was done eating, Y/n got up and hobbled to the fridge, looking at the note stuck to the side of it.